Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 209>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:21am
agreed.  I do think that there is some....some fetishism amongst black folks with Lupita.  As far as Keisha with dark skin from 7mile...will she be celebrated like Lupita as far as beauty?  Folks can be hopeful but I really doubt it.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:21am
See what I mean? The girl said her darker skinned friends have been told to gain weight so they could play a more comedic character. Like a nicca can't be in junior's sizes or something.
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:26am
My boy said lupita is ugly and doesnt get the hype after I told him to google her
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:28am
"...if we look up 5 years from now and she's only in Tyler Perry movies...we'll know something has gone wrong.."

CryCryCryCryCry  shade!!  true but shade.LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

See what I mean? The girl said her darker skinned friends have been told to gain weight so they could play a more comedic character. Like a nicca can't be in junior's sizes or something.

girl u ain't know.  u can't be dark skint, a size 3 and be funny at the same time.  fat is funny.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:32am
Wooow they said how many of these black guys saying Lupita is beautiful would actually want to date her or have sex with her...I don't think that's fair. I think she'd do well with black men, especially light skinned men.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:35am

@newdiva oh you meant that "She ain't like the resta y'all niccas comment...true, true...but I'd probably like her more if she had come from a regular family and was just a regular girl. But I guess they're saying Hollywood doesn't see it that way. I could care less where she's from.

yes.  I had made that argument I think earlier in this thread.  I think for the majority of folks black, white and otherwise her background makes her "better".  I mean...why is Mexico trying so hard to claim her? but i'll not belabor the point.

for me also...I don't care what her background is and where's she's from but at the same time her background makes her who she is.  It has produced the things that we "love" about her.  She's everything folks wish AA's would be in general...i'm going off again.  Nevermind me.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:38am

Just from listening, all of what they are saying is true but it's a shame people are so caught up in color. If she was light this wouldn't be so rare and shocking or as big a deal as it is. We are higher beings. We
are not supposed to be this shallow.
you yourself have a fetish for dark skin
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:39am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:40am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Just from listening, all of what they are saying is true but it's a shame people are so caught up in color. If she was light this wouldn't be so rare and shocking or as big a deal as it is. We are higher beings. We
are not supposed to be this shallow.
you yourself have a fetish for dark skin
or maybe sarcasm with some of your previous gung ho posts in the past

i cant call it fully

Edited by afrokock - Mar 06 2014 at 11:44am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair