BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 207>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:26am
so wrong lol

dreamitwriteitcreateit:    dead

dreamitwriteitcreateit:

dead

Sponsored Links

juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:27am
J Hud won for her role in Dreamgirls...there are a couple of black winners  (male/female) that did not do the slave/maid/mammy thing.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I'm not sure if you meant this as criticism or not. But that was Patsy's life. Without her and women like her, you wouldn't even be of this world. Like Epitome said, this isn't that Django Unchained bullshyt. This was a real person who is finally getting her voice heard through film. It doesn't make sense to me not to honour the ancestors. Would it be best to act like she never existed? I feel people are throwing the baby with the bath water all because it's about slavery. Well those slaves were STRONG and SURVIVORS. I always wonder what my ancestors went through and how they made it through. May her spirit be forever blessed wherever she is. That goes for Solomon Northup as well.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 03 2014 at 12:34am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:33am
She won?

Congrats
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:37am
@JP

Too many words for something assumed

I'm not mad 12 Yrs was made. Never been
I think the movie is overrated but I posted that scene because it was one of the more powerful ones

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:42am
Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

Thats not the point. Halle berry's character luticia and monique's character was fictional. Beautifully acted, but they had to do the most for those wins. Julia Roberts got nominated for a film this yr sitting at a dinner table.

Black people are revisionists when it comes to Oscar history.  Denzels first Oscar was for his role in Glory, a fantastic film in which he was amazing.  Whoopi Goldberg won for Ghost. Morgan Freeman won for Million Dollar Baby.  Jamiee for Ray.  Forest for Last King of Scotland.  Cuba for Jerry McGuire.  Louis Gosset Jr. for An Officer & A Gentleman. It's actually the OPPOSITE of what you're claiming.

For acting black people have only won about 15 Oscars. Maybe 5 of them are for the type of roles you describe. So my dear, it is entirely the point.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

@JP

Too many words for something assumed

I'm not mad 12 Yrs was made. Never been
I think the movie is overrated but I posted that scene because it was one of the more powerful ones

OK, my bad. I did start with saying that I didn't know if this was criticism or not. Some people have dismissive attitudes towards the film because it features slaves and I just felt it needed to be underlined that these were African American ancestors. Sorry I misunderstood.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:46am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Thats not the point. Halle berry's character luticia and monique's character was fictional. Beautifully acted, but they had to do the most for those wins. Julia Roberts got nominated for a film this yr sitting at a dinner table.

Black people are revisionists when it comes to Oscar history.  Denzels first Oscar was for his role in Glory, a fantastic film in which he was amazing.  Whoopi Goldberg won for Ghost. Morgan Freeman won for Million Dollar Baby.  Jamiee for Ray.  Forest for Last King of Scotland.  Cuba for Jerry McGuire.  Louis Gosset Jr. for An Officer & A Gentleman. It's actually the OPPOSITE of what you're claiming.

For acting black people have only won about 15 Oscars. Maybe 5 of them are for the type of roles you describe. So my dear, it is entirely the point.

Good point.
And I didn't realize that Denzel had won for Glory. I thought he was nominated but didn't get it. Amazing performance that was.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:46am
short crop w/no headband, she would've been perfect but she's still beautiful as always

Lupita Nyong’o at the 86th Annual Academy Awards.

lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

If you believe there is enough diversity in black roles I wont argue with you, but to assume ppl who dont are somehow ashamed/not interested in their history is a reach
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 207>
  Share Topic