Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Love the decade, hate the trend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:02pm
high waist harem pants.... 
viscose flower print blouses...
leggings as pants.... 
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

what are snuff cans?

lol i never kept up with trends.
i remember cross colors and backwards jeans? lol
Do you watch baseball ? Chewing Tabacco . My father parents use to ask me to bring the can . Many young white kids use it . I notice our young people in Georgia .
I can't imagine how a young lady would kiss a snuff user lol .

Edited by india100 - Aug 07 2014 at 7:04pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

I hated the hairstyle called the "scrunch"

Yessss, the scrunch and the pineappleLOLClapLOL
I remember when I figured out how to do the scrunch myself and hooked up my own hair and my college roommates hair. You couldnt tell us we werent on point.

I hate the overly sprayed french roll though it was my signature hairstyle for a while right around 1991. I also hate that they started spraying blue hairspray and silver glittery hairspray as an accent on the french rolls.

I used to wear the dark blue lipstick that is in style now. Im kinda glad that I dont have any photos wearing it b/c im sure that it was awful. I also used to love the opaque silver and gold lipsticks by Jordana back then and I hope that they never make a comeback lol
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

what are snuff cans?
Do you watch baseball ? Chewing Tabacco . My father parents use to ask me to bring the can . Many young white kids use it . I notice our young people in Georgia .
I can't imagine how a young lady would kiss a snuff user lol .

Yes, old men would smoke pipes and would 'stuff snuff'. I saw old women do it too and when I was a tiny kid, I just knew that I would try snuff one day (I was an avid baseball player and used to stuff that shredded bubble gum Major-League-Gum or something like that in my jaw like it was a wad of snuffEmbarrassed)
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

I hated the hairstyle called the "scrunch", and "banana peels" (Florida ladies may know what I'm talking about)   My 60 year old cousin that lives in Macon Georgia steeeeeel wears a scrunch. LOL

Girrrll you couldnt tell us nothing about the banana peel ponytail. I have pics of me with my " hurricane" hairdo in high school and the pin curl ponytails. I seen some chicks with "ocean waves" a mth ago
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:54pm
picsssssss
i wanna see how crazy yall were lookin back then
google pics will suffice
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:56pm
I remember those thick azz scrunchie socks that we use to wear like 2 pair and mix up the pattern on each leg. I see that "BOBO" aka Keds shoes are coming back in style. They come in colors and now have prints. I had all colors back in the 90's
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:07pm
glitter waves w blue hair, banana peel ponytails, or any hairstyle in the category.
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:31pm
LOL......and let's not forget the jerry curl...or scary curl as we called them for the ones that didn't quite curl.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:46pm
I hated those rock hard french roles and those blade like flip ponytails.  U ain't supposed to wear a french roll for 3 weeks.  sh*t be crusty.  Kitchen just fucced up with...antyways.   And not everybody could rock super thick dookie braids. tryna put 50lbs of hair in a top pony... industrial rubberband like 20 inches from your scalp stretched to the limit cause it was so much hair.   Dookie braids look better down.

I love most of 90's fashion.  *shrugs*  from grunge to velvet babydolls with black tights and steel toe Doc Martins to cross colors.  it was a wonderful time.

Edited by newdiva1 - Aug 07 2014 at 9:48pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic