Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Love & Hip Hop Atlanta Season 2!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 403>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:39pm
If Jose and Steebie had a drama-less relationship they wouldn't know what to do.....this formula actually may work for them.....for now
Sponsored Links

SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I hope they paid Sister Nancy for using her song for this dumb reebox commercial

It's more than 10 years old. The status of limitations is up. But I hope they gave her a few coins.

Aint no statue of limitation on ur publishing rights which I hope she owns. They used her entire song.If anyone uses or samples ur work than you should get some coins. No different if they used a Jayz song in a nike commercial. Jay gets paid aint nada free mama

Nah Nadia I heard you can sample a song after 10 years. I doubt she had rights. WHERE'S DIANE with the info???

For real that sucks.How is that legal? I thought you had to pay to use other peoples work. They used her song in Belly, Shottas and in this Reebox bs. When I saw the commercial I was like Yes Nancy get ur coins. That would be a very sh*tty thing not to give her anything.

She's still entitled to her coins as long as she's the one holding the current copyrights to the song and lyrics.

Edited by SimplyPut - May 05 2014 at 8:43pm
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:35pm
That was garbage, they were more interesting when they were poor
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:45pm

I hope they paid Sister Nancy for using her song for this dumb reebox commercial

Nads and suga i was reading supm last week about nonpayment but i couldnt bother to read the damn short articleEmbarrassed I dont really watch tele but here as Im watching the marathon today I see the commercial and go "ohhhhhhhhhhh" that's it. The song has been in my head ALL DAYClap

I didnt even know that was Miranda kerr (orlando blooms gf/wife right) LOL i thought it was a regular YT ladyEmbarrassed

*DIS woman! never trouble no one. I'm a lady, I'm not a man! I come fe nice up Jamaicans!*
 Hear de riddim man!!! Time-fuggin-less. 32 years old?! raaashoollllleeee
*does a one foot skank*

COULD the use of the re e track Bam Bam by Sister Nancy in a Reebok television commercial be heading to the courts?

In an interview with Splash from her New Jersey base, Sister Nancy said she is overwhelmed that her song was picked up by a high-profile brand as Reebok. However, she declined to comment further without consulting her attorney.

"I can't speak about anything really as it relates to the commercial. I didn't even know about it until I saw the advertisement on TV," she said.

She, however, added that she was pleased the the 32-year-old track had been given the recognition.

Splash sought a comment from the shoe company.

Emily Iverson, a representative at Reebok's international headquarters in Canton, Massachusetts, gave a courtesy response to the request for a comment, but up to press time an official reply to the query was not forthcoming.

Bam Bam, the song that announced deejay Sister Nancy in 1982, is used as the soundtrack for the commerical for the new Reebok Skyscape Forever sneaker. The 30-second spot, stars Australian model 31-year-old Miranda Kerr who rose to prominence in 2007 as one of lingerie company Victoria's Secret's 'angels'.

Released on the vaunted Stalag rhythm by the late producer Winston Riley.

Riley's son, Kurt, was also contacted for a comment on the latest revival of his father's celebrated project, but he too failed to respond to Splash's request.

Bam Bam was orginally written and recorded by Toots and the Maytals in 1966. Produced by Leslie Kong, it won the first Festival Song Competition that year.

Sister Nancy 'borrowed' some of the lyrics for her breakthrough song which was recorded for Riley's Techniques label.

Sister Nancy still performs. One of her latest songs, Bad, was done with United Kingdom-based singjay Stylo G.

Edited by Diane (35) - May 05 2014 at 9:59pm
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 10:32pm
just catching up on the episode...Mimi is a damn bird "Nikko surprised me with a dinner invitation", girl you eating some $3 fries Ermm...and why is he chewing food like a goat?...why did that tear magically appear on Mimi's cheek?...ugh i cant stand these 2 Sleepy

Edited by zolloh - May 05 2014 at 10:32pm
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 10:40pm
and this other damn bird riding a tricycle to her bf's house like she damn 12 Ermm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 3:28am
Why is Bambi riding her little sister's bike to Scrappy's house?????? Cry

How you gonna let a bum ass niqqa like Scrappy play you like that?

Bambi lost so hard that episode.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Mz. Mocha Mz. Mocha wrote:

That sh*t so fake Mimi knew about that tape. That whole scene was fake smh
Soooo fake
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:52am

this season is already stupid and boring
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 7:33am
I think it going to be good. I don't think Waka should be on there lowering how he looks.. and Stevie and Joseline are the most interesting
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 403>