BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lottery Winner Dead Of Cyanide Poisoning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lottery Winner Dead Of Cyanide Poisoning
    Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:09pm

Lottery Winner Dead Of Cyanide Poisoning

CHICAGO (CBS) — Investigators have been trying to determine how a 46-year-old man who won $1 million on an instant lottery game last summer ended up dying from cyanide poisoning.

Urooj Kahn won a $1 million jackpot in a scratch-off game in June, after buying a ticket at a 7-Eleven in Rogers Park.

He repeatedly jumped for joy, and shouted “I hit a million!” but just days later he was dead.

Cook County Medical Examiner Dr. Stephen Cina said Monday the initial autopsy ruled his death to be the result of natural causes.

“He did not have any obvious trauma. The initial investigation didn’t suggest anything suspicious about his death,” Cina said.

But days after Kahn died at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, a relative called the medical examiner’s office, saying something didn’t add up.

“They just felt this didn’t seem likely, that it didn’t seem like it could have been a natural to them, and they just wanted us to look a little harder,” he said. “In forensics, you have to have an open mind, and when additional information comes to light, you have to be willing to revisit cases.”

So a new autopsy was ordered, and toxicology tests revealed a new cause of death: homicide by cyanide.

“Life’s not like CSI. Sometimes there’s not a smoking gun that leads us immediately toward the perfect conclusion,” Cina said.

Kahn lived an immigrant’s dream. Arriving from India with nothing, he owned several dry cleaners and rental property.

At Kahn’s shop on Western Avenue, his widow said she could write a book about how great her husband was, but she didn’t want to talk on camera.

Kahn was buried at Rosehill Cemetery, but the next step in the investigation could be exhuming his body.

“I’ve been in discussions with the Chicago Police Department, and with the [Cook County] State’s Attorney’s office, and it looks like we’re leaning in that direction,” Cina said.

Exhuming Kahn’s body could produce more detailed toxicology information. Death by poisoning of any type is extremely rare. Of the 508 Chicagoans murdered last year, Kahn was the only one who was poisoned.

Cina said, of the 4,400 autopsies he’s performed in his career, he’s had only one poisoning.

He said poisoning is so rare, he wrote about the case in a medical journal.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/07/lottery-winner-dead-of-cyanide-poisoning/

I wonder whodunit?Stern Smile

Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:14pm
A damn shame they missed that the first time. A lottery winner dying a few days later and they didn't suspect poisoning? I wonder how many other poisonings they miss. Out here cutting up people's bodies and weighing people's brains for nothing. Quacks.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:16pm
i thought cyanide took some time? or is the antifreeze?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:18pm
let's see who turns in the ticket

what his will looked like before and if he had any intentions to change it

and how long he's been poisoned (hair analysis, etc)

it'a shame that you have to hide good things from people

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:20pm
are there products that he uses that have a high cyanide content?

if he died off quickly, maybe something he used to celebrate did him in

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:20pm
This would be me if I won the lotto.

It's why I wouldn't tell a soul.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:23pm
Jealousy Over Money evokes Heavy Emotions. I caint even look @ a Lottery winner news story...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:24pm
I thought it was odd how his extended family had to let the ME's office know something was wrong with him suddenly dying and not the authorities or wife. Or authorities whose job it is to investigate deaths.Geek
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:25pm

Urooj Kahn won a $1 million jackpot in a scratch-off game in June, after buying a ticket at a 7-Eleven in Rogers Park.

He repeatedly jumped for joy, and shouted “I hit a million!”

Stern Smile

ETA: Natural causes? At 46? With no mention of chronic or recent ailments? Stern Smile

Edited by FarraFace - Jan 07 2013 at 5:31pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:28pm
My best friend swears I'm crazy, but I always say I wouldn't tell anyone if I won the lottery.

I always said that cuz of the leeches that would come outta the woodwork begging, but who knew it could get this real?!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>