FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Losing all my edges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 7:50am
If you have edge problems I wouldn't get braids because a lot of times braiders make the edge problem an even bigger problem, and since you have little to no edges you probably don't have enough hair to support the weight of some braids. I would just get your roommate use to you wearing wigs, and please don't sleep with your wig. Like the other poster suggested, you could just go to the bathroom and put your wig in a bag and cover up your hair if your not comfortable. But honestly making a big deal out of wigs just makes it that much more embarrassing when the other person finds out.  The main focus now is to give your hair a break. Leave the pulling, traction, and heat alone. Also you may want to figure out the healthiest braid pattern for your hair when you do installs, and how hard your pulling the thread. Sorry about your hair it  can be frustrating but the good thing is the edges grow in pretty fast if you just leave it alone.
Sponsored Links

MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 8:40am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Also invest in some Jamaican black castor oil to rub on your hairline
Does this really work? I have some that I never used
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Also invest in some Jamaican black castor oil to rub on your hairline
Does this really work? I have some that I never used
Depends on which one u have. I have the raw one that I got straight from Jamaica. When I enter a room u can smell it before u see meLOLLOL.It works
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 10:59am
move your wig behind the hairline leave your edges out so you can care for them invest in a closure and stop sleeping with the wig on
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 12:32pm
Since you already have a u part wig, why dont you just purchase a closure from off aliexpress and make a wig with a closure. so that way you can protect your edges and your hair. I make my full lace closure wigs because i am natural. Even though BHM has so much info about having your hair laid, those techniques works for them, and just remember that what works for them may not work for you. so u can just buy a lace, or silk base closure and attach it to your u part.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 1:36pm
what about wearing the wig as a fall/half wig w/ a wide scarf/head band?

I was getting breakage around my "u " leave out w/ my u part due to the clips, so I just started wearing it as a half wig and used bobby pins to secure it on the sides and back. The scarf held it down on top/front.
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 1:46pm
I am not sure or don't see why people lose thier edges u parts or closure wigs or sew down wigs. I have been wearing the Uparts and recently sewn down closure wig and my edges are fine. I broke my edges by excessive flat ironing but it has grown back and the wigs are no problems.

The combs, pulled on my edges really bad so I took them off the wig and sew it down and my edges are fine. I do however deep condition my leave out as needed. I just washed and conditioned my whole head today.
SinCityKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SinCityKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 2:47pm
You shouldn't care what your roommate thinks unless she is the one paying for you visit to the salon. (I learned this over time) You aren't going to be in college for the rest of your life but your edges will be on your head. You can try the castor oil, and full sew-ins like the other ladies suggested. Also be sure to use braiding hair when you braid your edges to lessen the tension. Good luck! 
EPRTlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPRTlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 3:12pm
Buy some castor oil on Amazon and apply it on your edges nightly. I also think shea butter helps. 

Also does your wig have snap combs? I've found those cause breakage tooAngry. I prefer the wire combs or bobby pins. 

And do not sleep with the wig if you can help it. I know how you feel about the roommate situation. But like someone suggested above, take the wig off in the bath room, and then tie a scarf AND put on a satin bonnet on top of that. That should keep you nice and hidden even you toss and turn at night. I've been wearing a upart for a while now unbeknownst to my roommate AND my boyfriend. They both think my hair is just wrapped underneath LOL
Lauren. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 8:55am
Thank you guys for being so helpful and supportive.
I have an idea of wearing the upart wig as a wig.
Its hard to explain but if it works out and still allows me to take care of the damage I will post pictures. Hopefully in a few months I can show new growth too. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic