Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by pleshette pleshette wrote:

Does anyone know how effective running is? We have a bridge in our area that is open to the public and its about 4 miles. I love being outside so I've been jogging it with my stroller. I used to brisk walk it, but now I want to increase so I started jogging. Can you still tone your body by running instead of using weights or should you do both? Because cardio is good for fat burning right? I know you need strength training too but I want to slim down a bit and I think the running would be good for this. Any suggestions?   

I think they say aerobic is good for initial weight loss, but if you hit a platue you should go to weight training to accelorate your weightloss when you are not moving.  The muscle helps with the metabolism too, just like the aerobic excercise.
Sponsored Links

talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2006 at 9:44pm
I read the post about running agina, I think staying with the cardio is important, you can still lose without the weights.  The weights are good for your bones and it takes a LOT for a woman to get bulky with weights...its usally hormones (xtra) that cause that kind of bulk.

good luck.
MSTANANA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2006 at 10:40pm
I have been doing well this week,following Weight Watcher and I have gone to going to the gym everyday this week. Please someone give me motivation..Please tell me how long it took you see a difference. Am I the only one that want overnight success like Janet Jackson?LOL
pleshette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 10:21pm
Believe me, your not alone!! I want success NOW!!!!
Thanks, talkalot - I think I want to focus more on cardio for some reason right now, but I won't forget my weights

Edited by pleshette - Aug 24 2006 at 10:22pm
bablou00 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 9:30am
Running is the best choice of exercise if you want to lose weight quick and have the joints to do so. I ran track in high school and cheered in college. I was gettin a great workout w/ cheerleading, possible one of the best due to our coach...lol, but nothing gets me more in shape than running. Last August I lost 25lbs in 2 1/2 months just running every day (I was up to 7miles a day). I gain muscle like a man so I did not lift any when I ran. But I tell you what that was the best thing (running) I could of ever done for myself. It motivated me when I stepped on the scale and I was weighing what I did in HS. Make a goal for yourself in April I ran a 1/2 marathon so that kept me motivated as well. Good luck to all of ya'll. It is a challenge but the more you stick w/ it the happier and healthier you will beLOL.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2006 at 10:01pm

I've been MIA from this thread and from the board in general--went to San Francisco to check out law schools and to see if I could live there for 3 years. 

Well, since I joined this thread, I lost 3.5 kg ( 7.7lbs).  I've been super lazy, but I intend to wake up early and go to the gym.  I am really starting to miss it!
pleshette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2006 at 10:23am
Well, how's everyone's success coming along? It seems like this thread has been at a stand still. Well, I'm slooowly coming along, I'm getting there and I'm looking forward to the new seasons(fall/winter) which mean new clothes!   
babydoll 27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2006 at 11:18pm
Congrats Ms. Nixon on the news of your pregnacy. I know that I'm all late and everything but I just had to step back from being on BHM so much it was really like I was addicted to it. but like I said before CONGRATULATIONSClap.

Edited by babydoll 27 - Sep 21 2006 at 11:18pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic