Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Loreal Excellence hicolor for dark hair only

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
VanitiGyrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanitiGyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loreal Excellence hicolor for dark hair only
    Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 8:47pm
Hey ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone out there has used this dye before.

Just to give a little back story. I'm relaxed and I've dyed my hair blue black twice before. My last relaxer was in March and my last dye job was in April. The color is Red Hot.

I was wondering if you guys thought this color would show through. Also, I believe I should use the 20 developer instead of the 30 that they would normally use because of my relaxer? TIA!!
Sponsored Links

shelby_0213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelby_0213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 1:47pm
I used this last night, but the soft brown.  it worked out really well.
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrANGist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 5:47pm
never used it but it is a pretty color. Red Hot Huh?
VanitiGyrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanitiGyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2010 at 3:50pm
I tried it with the 20 vol developer. It's more of a burgundy in the sunlight, but as far as looking and being able to tell, you can't. You can't. I think it's because my hair was previously dyed though?
Apride23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apride23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 2:06am
I used it on my Indian hair and it was a burgandy tint on that. it wasn't really noticeable because the hair was like a 1b shade. I also used the Intense red shade as a tester and that shade is a tad brighter. I plan on using that on my natural hair this week.
s0.k!nky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s0.k!nky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 11:35am

I did a few strand tests with the Hi-Lift Ash Blonde last night with 30 and 40 vol developer...and the color is beautiful...it's a sandy brownish/dark blondish color (my natural hair is super dark...just about black)

ETA: I'm natural...so I can get away with 40vol...

I also used this color in Honey Blonde when I was relaxed...the color was a beautiful auburn color...I used 30vol...myhair was very healthy after the process...I'm sure had I used 40vol...I probably would have gotten closer to the actual Honey Blonde since I was starting with such a dark base. HTH

Edited by s0.k!nky - Jun 23 2010 at 11:39am
i3itch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i3itch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by s0.k!nky s0.k!nky wrote:

I did a few strand tests with the Hi-Lift Ash Blonde last night with 30 and 40 vol developer...and the color is beautiful...it's a sandy brownish/dark blondish color (my natural hair is super dark...just about black)

ETA: I'm natural...so I can get away with 40vol...

I also used this color in Honey Blonde when I was relaxed...the color was a beautiful auburn color...I used 30vol...myhair was very healthy after the process...I'm sure had I used 40vol...I probably would have gotten closer to the actual Honey Blonde since I was starting with such a dark base. HTH

Thank you for this information!
I have been looking for reviews of this product and yours addressed my concerns perfectly.
MsButtasworf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsButtasworf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2010 at 8:31pm
I used it....and i love it, I used the magenta @ one point for top and bottom color. It works well and I plan on using it in a few weeks on my AK install
Omarion` View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omarion` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 10:08pm
i ordered red hot last night. i got the 20 developer because im relaxed. i used regular box dyes previously before and the roots are noticable red but the ends still look the same because i dyed my hair jet black multiple times. i will keep yall posted about how it works....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic