Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedlooking to buy my cousin a FLW

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
zincoxidegap View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking to buy my cousin a FLW
    Posted: May 19 2010 at 10:08am
I saw her the other week and she was so happy to have a lace wig like she always sees me wear. But the thing looked a hot mess. It was human hair, but it looked synthetic (she got it from the BSS so the quality of the 'human' hair looked shoddy at best) the application was jank (she had her aunt do it) and the hairline was crap. In fact, the wig was back so far that I could see her hair peeking through. And, she told me that her aunt applied it only with tape, and she is currently taking swimming lessons which needless to say, did not hold up.

Now, since I love my cousin, and cannot bear to see her walking around looking like who shot john, I've decided to do a good deed and buy her a FLW.  I will prob go with a CV since you can't beat the price, and since I only want 14 inches it should be pretty reasonable. She's a girly girl, but she's also a college student as well as in the military so she don't need anything swishin and swangin all over the place. Just enough length so she can pull it back comfortably when she's doin military stuff but still be able to curl it and look girly for her sorority  events.

What texture would be appropriate for a beginner with a very active lifestyle? Obviously nothing curly, but like yaki?  coarse? light yaki" kinky straight" does it matter?

Also, what adhesives would be best for someone like this. I plan on applying it the first few times then sending her on her way with some supplies. I imagine I'll have to have that wig locked down since I don't see her all the time and since she is so active. Any advice?

Edited by zincoxidegap - May 19 2010 at 11:29am
Sponsored Links

ambermi83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 12:10pm
Light yaki! I just got a kinky straight and it's BIG- which I LOVE, but it might be too much for a beginner w/ an active lifestyle!
dividir View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 1:11pm
^^ ITA
light Yaki is probably the easiest to begin with
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic