Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - looking like everyone else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

looking like everyone else

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 05 2010
Location: Upintheclouds
Status: Offline
Points: 36379
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 5:07am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Lol I've noticed the same thing. For me it's texture, a lot of girls are walking around with silky silky shiny hair. I wear afro curly hair a lot of them don't find that hair texture pretty or attractive so it works for me lol. Most people assume my weave is my real a hair anyway due to the texture, length,and my blending. Most want to copy celebrities or reality stars and those girls are not wearing afro kinky curly hair or shorter lengths.


Let the church say amen.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: Dec 29 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Status: Offline
Points: 22533
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 5:43am
To me it's not so much to avoid looking like everyon else .. it's to look more like it's my own hair.
 
When you go with the lonnng Basketball wives look and/or the orange/blonde/red etc look ... well .. then you look like everyone else because they are all trying to look sooo far away from their natural look.
 
Everyone notices this.
 
So for me it's texture and length too. I wear kinky/curly (soon to be afro/curly) lf units at 12 - 14 inches .. and people think it's mine.
 
Why? Because it's not the lonnnng Basketball wife/orange/red look that all the other 'colored' girls are wearing who are trying to emulate 'The Stars'. Geesh The Stars get paid to look 'out there' but all the rest of us have normal lives so it it look a bit rediculous looking like a A STAR everytime you go to the office or go buy a loaf of bread.
 
Yes, most people think you don't like your real hair or your real self so then ... Okay, people are not stupid.


Edited by Printer_Ink - Sep 27 2013 at 6:14am
Back to Top
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 16 2012
Location: Somewhere
Status: Offline
Points: 70871
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 6:17am

Im about to go back to short wigs and weaves since everyone is rocking the basketball wives look

Back to Top
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 25 2012
Status: Online
Points: 91346
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 6:46am
Yeah I want to do a short bob
Or dye my hair burgundy
I just hate looking identical
Back to Top
Malexandre View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Sep 25 2012
Location: dc
Status: Offline
Points: 1253
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 7:38am
Lol @ Printer-Ink, you make some good points. I remember going to walt-mart, the cashier had fake eyelashes and a 22 inches of brazilian/mongolian (whatever the hair origin was) curly hair on.I was so confused, she looked like she came straight from the club. When I was younger, the goal was to make it look as believable as possible. Yaki , 16 inches at most. Since celebrities have been discussing hair extension openly, all of that have changed. 
Back to Top
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 28 2008
Location: US - Washington
Status: Offline
Points: 60983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Yeah I want to do a short bob
Or dye my hair burgundy
I just hate looking identical
This too!
 
I just ordered some regular bss hair in the 99J color to make a bombshell bob wig..this chic got it down pat..I can't wait to switch it allll the way up.
 
Back to Top
imfunsized View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Sep 10 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 1258
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 9:49am

I agree with everything you said. So many girls don't even try as soon as you see them it's like bam she's wearing a weave and usually it's a bad install, with horrible blending. But like you said for me it's like making my installs look like my own hair...like it's growing out my scalp. The texture gives most of these girls away, they're watching all their faves on YouTube with 26 inch "Russian" hair so they want it too.
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

To me it's not so much to avoid looking like everyon else .. it's to look more like it's my own hair.
 

When you go with the lonnng Basketball wives look and/or the orange/blonde/red etc look ... well .. then you look like everyone else because they are all trying to look sooo far away from their natural look.

 

Everyone notices this.

 

So for me it's texture and length too. I wear kinky/curly (soon to be afro/curly) lf units at 12 - 14 inches .. and people think it's mine.

 

Why? Because it's not the lonnnng Basketball wife/orange/red look that all the other 'colored' girls are wearing who are trying to emulate 'The Stars'. Geesh The Stars get paid to look 'out there' but all the rest of us have normal lives so it it look a bit rediculous looking like a A STAR everytime you go to the office or go buy a loaf of bread.

 

Yes, most people think you don't like your real hair or your real self so then ... Okay, people are not stupid.
Back to Top
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 27 2013
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 2042
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Malexandre Malexandre wrote:

Lol @ Printer-Ink, you make some good points. I remember going to walt-mart, the cashier had fake eyelashes and a 22 inches of brazilian/mongolian (whatever the hair origin was) curly hair on.I was so confused, she looked like she came straight from the club. When I was younger, the goal was to make it look as believable as possible. Yaki , 16 inches at most. Since celebrities have been discussing hair extension openly, all of that have changed. 

If I see another chick that look like she got eyelash extensions I'm gonna SCREAM! I just wanna run up to them & snatch them off! Let's not talk about the glamorous housewife weaves, 2 inch eyelashes & 6 layers of make up. I'm gonna start attacking females with baby wipes...
Back to Top
Tinyjonea13 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 15 2013
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinyjonea13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 1:19pm
I also want to do a bob or coarse curly..I haven't decided just yet. But I also want to go super dark purple or blue(almost black).
Back to Top
lalaLeslie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 20 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1152
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

To me it's not so much to avoid looking like everyon else .. it's to look more like it's my own hair.
 
When you go with the lonnng Basketball wives look and/or the orange/blonde/red etc look ... well .. then you look like everyone else because they are all trying to look sooo far away from their natural look.
 
Everyone notices this.
 
So for me it's texture and length too. I wear kinky/curly (soon to be afro/curly) lf units at 12 - 14 inches .. and people think it's mine.
 
Why? Because it's not the lonnnng Basketball wife/orange/red look that all the other 'colored' girls are wearing who are trying to emulate 'The Stars'. Geesh The Stars get paid to look 'out there' but all the rest of us have normal lives so it it look a bit rediculous looking like a A STAR everytime you go to the office or go buy a loaf of bread.
 
Yes, most people think you don't like your real hair or your real self so then ... Okay, people are not stupid.

I agree about the it looking like your real hair... if it looks like it's your real hair, you won't look like those whose hair clearly looks fake (which is the majority). I disagree w/ the long length thing though. Long hair can look real but not when it's really silky and shiny. For instance if you had a weave that looked like Domin's (LongHairDon'tCare2011) real hair... (eta:Even short bobs can look fake depending on the texture)


Edited by lalaLeslie - Sep 27 2013 at 2:51pm
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down