Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 21>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:20am
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

GURLLLLLLLLLLLL. *waits for Amanda B to chime in*
U mean waits for her to come with a defensive argument.
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Amanda_B Amanda_B wrote:

I have been a member on here for years and I have witnessed the good, bad, and the ugly. I have been in the hair business since 2008 and have grown a successful business solely on word of mouth and positive customer experiences. I have a boutique that I am very proud of in S Florida, where customers can come in and select the hair of their choosing, mix textures, and customize their own buying experience. As for online, we launched 3 months ago, and we are still working on finding ways to make this experience as customized as the in-store experience. We listen to feedback from customers and potential customers and make any needed adjustments. We have considered a better return policy to take the risk away from the buyer, but dishonest customers have made that difficult, but we are working on it.

My team strives to provide good customer service, but sometimes things are out of our hands. If the shipping company takes longer than usual, or if the merchant processor takes longer than usual to return funds, there is nothing we can do about that but we take the blame. It's business.

Orders get cancelled when our merchant (Merchant Warehouse) notifies us that there is a moderate risk of fraud, and instead of taking the chance of getting a chargeback, we cancel the order and have them refund the money. I don't know why it takes 1 day or 3-5 days to get the money put back in accounts, I'm not in control of that, but no one has ever had a problem receiving a refund. Another reason orders get cancelled is because customers input a discount code without satisfying the requirements of the promo. So when we had a 25% off $250, some people were adding $200 to their cart and using the promo code, and the site was allowing it. It was a glitch in a new system, and those customer's orders were cancelled and refunded their money. I hate when we have to cancel orders, but we do it to protect ourselves and anyone that may have their card info fraudulently taken. There is a lot of fraud in the hair game, and it is unfortunate that the bad ones make things inconvenient for those that may have accidentally typed in the wrong CVV and had their orders cancelled. I would love to process every order and accept all of the money that comes in, but we've grown our business off of integrity, and the risk isn't worth the money. Some may see this as bad customer service, some may appreciate it.

As for short wefts, as a stylist, I actually prefer shorter, fuller wefts. If you've ever had to install four bundles of hair with wefts that stretch across the room you would understand why. It's very time consuming. Stylists love installing my hair, and many of our clients prefer fuller looks, and this is easier with shorter wefts with more volume. Some people prefer longer thinner wefts, and they may feel more comfortable purchasing from a company that can provide this. We do not guarantee that our wefts will be the same length as the other companies that you have purchased from, but we do guarantee that each piece will weigh 100 grams. This can be verified. I have had the opportunity to install hair from all the major companies over the years, and I can say that Hautelocks has some of the best! I've done my due diligence, I've invested in my business, I've traveled overseas and learned the "real" ins and outs of this industry from true professionals and collectors in the field.

@atexaschick I will have someone from the team email you a promo code that you can use on an additional piece, I would hate for you to be upset about your purchase over short wefts. As for people that feel their curls were too loose, you are more than welcome to send the hair back and request a tighter pattern per our exchange policy. If you want a tighter loose curl, this can be expressed when placing an order.

Sorry so long. :-/
I didn't know u were selling hair that goes by your standards and not your customers. Good to know
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:11am
I have my card in my hand READY. Just waiting for these last couple of photos
etowngirl22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etowngirl22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:15am
Tall ladies:

What lengths of curly hair get you a look like this one from the beginning:

or this shorter one:

never done anything more than a wave, and it sucks when you're hair comes and just isn't long enough:(
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

Tall ladies:

What lengths of curly hair get you a look like this one from the beginning:

or this shorter one:

never done anything more than a wave, and it sucks when you're hair comes and just isn't long enough:(

on her IG the girl in the first pics said she had the 26-28 by yummy . in deep curl.

I wanna know for the last one too
etowngirl22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etowngirl22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:41am
thanks! is height a important factor or does it only really matter if you're super short/super tall? I'm talking about 5'8" here
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:25am

thanks! is height a important factor or does it only really matter if you're super short/super tall? I'm talking about 5'8" here

im 5ft 8 too. the vendor said that a 24 should fall to my chest. i was gunna get a 26 but idk. IM CONFUSED

DO YALL PREFER CLOSERS WITH CURLY HAIR?
I only used a closure for patterns like straight and body wave so i wouldnot damage my hair while blending,
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

im 5ft 8 too. the vendor said that a 24 should fall to my chest. i was gunna get a 26 but idk. IM CONFUSED

DO YALL PREFER CLOSURES WITH CURLY HAIR?
I only used a closure for patterns like straight and body wave so i wouldnot damage my hair while blending,

I do. Only bc I don't want to deal with blending my leave out.
StormBorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormBorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:45am
I haven't had a curlier texture in years (I'm talking longer than 4 years). Back when I did do the curly thing I was relaxed. I'm natural now and my hair texture won't blend with that so, to be on the safe side, I'm getting a closure. I guess it just depends on whether you want to deal with blending your leave-out or not.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:52am
I just want to be able to pull my hair in a high bun. and i am nervous that I wont be able to do so without lifting the lace. Imma install it like Ivy does. And sew the lace down completely and pineapple so that it maintains the volume.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style