Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Looking for Afro-textured extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
CreatingALegacy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CreatingALegacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:41pm
I just bought some of the best kinky curly hair I think I've had thus far from http://www.aluxehair.com/. They had two bundles on clearance. I'll be posting an initial review on the hair once I get it installed next Friday but the hair is gorgeous. It's always a headache looking for kinky curly/ kinky straight hair since everyone and their parents are selling Aliexpress hair. I've had more misses than hits.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by dramaqueen13 dramaqueen13 wrote:

Actually I was looking for something even kinkier! Like 4c texture.

I think you need a tighter initial curl pattern. I say initial because the hair is always indian or chinese hair that has been permed to the texture you would like.

But in my experience some some of the curl does lossen up after you wash it - I don't think you can get around that.

The above pics look good but they are not 4c.

I use lace wigs and all the CV (chinese venders) can give you a TIGHT curl. I don't go tighter than 6mm to get the big afro style I like but I would suggest asking for the 4mm curl. This will be a close as you can get to 4c. It's pretty tight. :)

I use Devacurl or the Mixed chicks line of products to keep it moisterized, easy to comb and soft. :)

dramaqueen13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dramaqueen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 11:56pm
Really? That sucks. I really like afro-textured hair. I think it suits me better than straight wigs. I don't really want to spend $300 on hair only for it to be ruined within 3 or 4 months. I wear wigs every day for a protective style, what do you think I could instead?

I wore braids for about 9 months and I'm tired of those as well

Where do I find the CVs that do this? ^^^
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:28am
Oh no, it works out pretty well.

I like the afro lace wigs because yes, they look GREAT .. I wear them BIG and yes, they look like my own hair. The 6mm has 'curl definintion' because I use products like DEVACURL daily conditioner and I do a wet and go every morning. See this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NCxPWNNgQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coD8IDZawxQ

I would HIGHLY recommend the lace wig if you are trying to grow out your own hair. The lace wigs I buy are from CV (Chinese Vendors) that I ordrr via the mail or the CV site. I have been in these units for 6 years.

The cost from my CV is 150 euros ... which I think equals $235(This imcludes shipping!)

There are a ton of CVs - I use I used Matt at www.wigsroyal.com.
email - wigsroyal@hotmail.com. Check the site to find the 4mm kinky hair - or just write him.

(I am an AA but I now live in Europe). They will last me a good 4 - 5 months and then I send them back to the CV to have more hair added because over time (the hair IS kinky) it will shed and snap here and there. Adding more hair costs about 35 euros or ($50) so I will send 2 in at a time and with the 35 euros shipping ... the whole thing costs about 100 euros and when I get those 2 units back .... they have been reconditioned too ... so they look brand new.

You need to buy your Shampoo, conditioner and tape/glue to apply the units of course. It literally takes me 10 minutes to apply the unit and then I use the diffuser on a blow dryer on HIGH to blow out the AFRO so it;s big.

my units looks like this only mine are bigger:

http://foxyj26.tumblr.com/post/45072340289/kurleebelle-just-beautiful-nicolemmelton

here are a ton of them to give you some ideas.

http://www.pinterest.com/mklashay/gorgeous-natural-hair/
htp://foxyj26.tumblr.com/post/45072340289/kurleebelle-just-beautiful-nicolemmelton
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:30pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic