Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking Black?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:10am
Originally posted by GoldieLocks GoldieLocks wrote:

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Your interpretation of the conversation was screwed. No one ever said 
that there was a problem with "claiming black" or degrading. The comment was in 
response to another user's comment that referenced people who faked being "Creoles" as if it made them superior. In return, we responded from a Creole view point that personally we have always felt more comfortable claiming black rather than Creole, because of people just like yourself in the black community who are hypocritical and ignorant and see a problem with people embracing anything of their mixed heritage but black.  Furthermore, next time you reach make sure there is something to reach for, wench :).

see this right here is why i need my fellow bhmers to make use of the quote because although i saw that dagger flying swiftly through the air with precision, im not quite certain whose back caught itLOL

Hopefully Tbaby's face caught it.Dead

Caught feelings here aren't mine....mad much Goldilocks?

Since Blackness comes in a  rainbow of colors, you
feeling the need to keep your heritage secretive speaks more about how 
you think of yourself 
then what others think of you and your "heritage".Sleepy

You claim black because...well...you look black, right?  You possibly fall in the spectrum of lightskinnedness that we common black folk come in.  I know its a difficult concept for you to swallow, being creolish and all.  Put some hot sauce on it.  C' est la vie!

No; the mentality that is stereotypical of people such as yourself that sees people whove originated from a integrated heritage as a threat because of the ignorant connotations and favoritisms that has come along with being "Creole" in a racists Southern Society is what has compelled so many of us to not mention our heritage openly. We are well aware of who were are and proud, but feel no need to light the fires of mad angry ignorant folks such as yourself that only see black and white because it is easier for your little brain to conform to. You're claiming you're not mad but felt the need to call us "uppity" just because we feel it is less confrontational to just claim we are black BECAUSE as mentioned blacks come in all beautiful spectrums and ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS If it can help us to avoid just one variation hating booger it is well worth keeping it moving.In return, your reaction is why we don't "flaunt our heritage", because haters are always lurking with their low key modern racists concepts. A uppity creole girl mustve stole your man before. Oh well, now go take your thirsty behind a drink  

^^^CryCryCry

This hurt my feelings so many times. Every time I thought it was over...BAM! another shot to the dome. Remind me not to get on your bad side. Cry

Edited by SweetNovember* - Apr 24 2013 at 6:14am
Sponsored Links

loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:41am

it got messy for a simple rehetorical question...

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:54am
Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

You think exoticalness on BHM is simple?

Surely you jest! LOL
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 7:59am

[/QUOTE]
I've seen people use it because they feel it makes them exotical, same as I've seen people use their african roots to seem exotical.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I see it here all the time.
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:31am
LOL GoldieLocks in here setting traps and lighting flames!

*flips good hair*

*exfoliates exotic brown skin*
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:33am
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:40am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

You think exoticalness on BHM is simple?

Surely you jest! LOL

You are right. These ladies get so mad when they hear the world exotical and some desire to be exotical so bad. If some of you ladies went to china or mongolia you would be considered exotic lol. It's where you are at that determines if you are exotic which means foreign.
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

LOL
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:46am
I am mixed with Indian because my Weave vendor claims to sell virgin hair . Where is the op ? She made a topic and post one time lol .
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:33am
This thread delivers.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair