Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Looking Black?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:06am
My people, my people.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:20am
she said "stock ninja" Cry
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

I'll put it like this:
If people dont ask you what you're mixed with (without prompting or hints), or outright assume you're mixed than you're not exotic and you look like a regular black girl. Not that there's anyting wrong with looking like a regular black girl, but it is kinda trendy to be an exotical these days so I see why she might have wanted to hear a certain answer..

From what I've seen of the OP she looks like a light skin black girl, but I wouldnt be surprised if she was 1/2 black 1/2 white.

I just dont think 1/2 black american 1/2 white american mixes are exotic. It's just so common, like how can a regular stock nicca and a cracka be exotic? It's been done before give me something new bold fresh and different

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:35am
Worth the read?
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:48am

Originally posted by jimmy_rustle jimmy_rustle wrote:

Did my post imply finding anything about family lineage?  You need timeout for pulling that nonsense out of your ass.  

Originally posted by <b>loveandpeace1984</b> loveandpeace1984 wrote:

I'm black american and proud of it and proud of my African roots. I would love to find out about the tribes I descend from.

Originally posted by <font color=#FF0000>jimmy_rustle</font> jimmy_rustle wrote:

Visit a few African countries and adopt one as your homeland I highly recommend blacks, especially black Americans to spend time in a black country.  It is hard to describe but there is nothing like being black in a country, I undergo a transformation immediately after landing in Africa

^Nicca, ain't that youErmm

You do realize your response was based off of LoveandPeace wanting to find out his lineage, right?
Do you even proof-read before clicking reply or are you too happy being a reprobate who could put a bunch of nonsensical lines together? History has already shown that you err not knowing what you're talking about and refused to be edified when people point it out.

Originally posted by jimmy_rustle jimmy_rustle wrote:

The fact that Black people in western countries tend to have pathetic views of themselves is what being aware of African countries and African culture will address. 
Ummm, no. If anything, they need to focus on the legacy of their ancestors here in the west first. That's how you build esteem and awareness. If you can't do that here in your backyard, trying to do so across the water is futile imo.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:03am
this thread LOLLOL  A MESS!!!

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:03am
Looking exotic =/= being mixed. Nor is it exclusive to those who have immediate mixture (i.e. each parent is a different race).

I've been asked almost all my life what I'm "mixed with" because my features according to others don't make me look "just black" - which I find HIGHLY insulting. Both my parents are black. Regardless of who's roaming further back in my family tree, I don't need the low shade insult of being told I don't look "just black" - especially by non black people.

On more than one occasion I've gone off on someone for saying something along the lines of "you're so pretty, what are you mixed with...you can't be just black?!"Angry
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:05am
Yall stay showing out!!!!!!

I love it...
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Looking exotic =/= being mixed. Nor is it exclusive to those who have immediate mixture (i.e. each parent is a different race).

I've been asked almost all my life what I'm "mixed with" because my features according to others don't make me look "just black" - which I find HIGHLY insulting. Both my parents are black. Regardless of who's roaming further back in my family tree, I don't need the low shade insult of being told I don't look "just black" - especially by non black people.

On more than one occasion I've gone off on someone for saying something along the lines of "you're so pretty, what are you mixed with...you can't be just black?!"Angry

I nearly read this another way and I was about to give you one of these: Stern Smile

LOL LOL LOL
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:15am
I wish I looked exotic....with that and my light skin privilege I'll be unstoppable! CoolLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic