BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Look towards Africans for cultural ID?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:26pm
Mmmm, making negative blanket statements in discussions. This method always works well.Stern SmileLOL
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Mmmm, making negative blanket statements in discussions. This method always works well.Stern SmileLOL

So Fail?:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Anyhoo, I blame the perming of Afro-textured hair and almost everything wrong, everywhere on white EuropeansLOL

I did say *almost, does that countLOLLOL
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:37pm
Blanket statements in general not just negative ones but of course people are more receptive to positive stereotypes

Edited by jonesable - Jul 28 2013 at 3:40pm
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:40pm
I think we all need to pull back and look at the bigger picture here...White ppl aint sh*t!!!!!!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:42pm

So Fail?:

Anyhoo, I blame the perming of Afro-textured hair and almost everything wrong, everywhere on white EuropeansLOL

I did say *almost, does that countLOLLOL
I stand corrected! This may be one of the few exceptions I agree with in this thread.LOL
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

I think we all need to pull back and look at the bigger picture here...White ppl aint sh*t!!!!!!!!

I agree. I think the topic was originally about celebrating African culture, but in sharing experiences of the effects of colonization (I won't site Europe specifically, since that was converted issue for some), disputing the minor issues overtakes the big picture. It has still be a rather peaceful discussion though, and what is discussion without disagreement.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:47pm

I stand corrected! This may be one of the few exceptions I agree with in this thread.LOL

See!!!!

Okay and here's another exception for you:

Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

/thread closed

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Jul 28 2013 at 3:48pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Wait so the majority actually believe that Africans are more accepting of European norms than other blacks?

I would be hard pressed to find an African who would dig centuries into their lineage to find one drop of non-African blood...or who cling onto their great great great grandmother's daugther's pet rodent's chew toy being half Native American just to feel some sense of worthiness

Point being every group has its flaws.

All of the Africans with the exception of a few that I have met have been proudly African but have unfortunately succumbed to European standards of beauty, living, etc etc just like the rest of the diaspora.
They don't have to. Most Africans have an identity of who their are, their lineage, tribes and where they came from.
Negroes in the Americas don't.

Earlier this week, this high yella lady from Mozambique boldly told us that us AA's are the only ones who make colorism and racism an issue. "In Africa, we don't worry about that". Come to find out this bish dad is white and came from a well to do family. Words couldn't describe how badly I wanted to choke a bishStern Smile

lol she lied to you. Skin color is still a major issue but I don't like how some are portraying AA's as less inclined to be swayed by European images or as if the AA community is more accepting of their blackness. Sorry, I just had to call bullsheit on that. 

And you'd be surprised how mixing affected Africans, too. Remember the trade started with us. You couldn't tell my lineage by looking at me but I know there's some Euro in me. I just don't acknowledge it because it doesn't matter to me. Why should it? *shrug*
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:52pm
Lmao! Y'all are right. I need to keep my eye on the ball and remember what's most important.

Kinda OT: Who is the member that says yt people are soulless creatures?LOL

Edited by carolina cutie - Jul 28 2013 at 3:52pm
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 3:57pm

Wait so the majority actually believe that Africans are more accepting of European norms than other blacks?

I would be hard pressed to find an African who would dig centuries into their lineage to find one drop of non-African blood...or who cling onto their great great great grandmother's daugther's pet rodent's chew toy being half Native American just to feel some sense of worthiness

Point being every group has its flaws.

All of the Africans with the exception of a few that I have met have been proudly African but have unfortunately succumbed to European standards of beauty, living, etc etc just like the rest of the diaspora.

lol she lied to you. Skin color is still a major issue but I don't like how some are portraying AA's as less inclined to be swayed by European images or as if the AA community is more accepting of their blackness. Sorry, I just had to call bullsheit on that. 

And you'd be surprised how mixing affected Africans, too. Remember the trade started with us. You couldn't tell my lineage by looking at me but I know there's some Euro in me. I just don't acknowledge it because it doesn't matter to me. Why should it? *shrug*

But no one said Africans were more accepting of European norms than Blacks. The topic wasn't about comparing Blacks outside of Africa to Blacks in Africa. The topic was about concern for an increased European influence in Africa. Natural hair just came up, and that is one of the few issues that AAs have been at the forefront of. It doesn't speak to all issues of diaspora. I agree that Blacks in Africa is less influences about European norms than Blacks in other places.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>