Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedLook towards Africans for cultural ID?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 12:48pm

If the government started a program to sponsor Blacks who wanted to go back to Africa, would u join?

You will get/own 15 acres in the African nation of your choice.

The land would come with a 3 bedroom home and a car.

You get $150,000 (USD) to spend how ever you want and you get an extra $50,000 for every minor you take with you (no more than 3).
Travel expenses covered.

You just cant come back to the US. And if found back in the country you will serve a mandatory life sentence.

You *&%^$#@Ein with it?
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 12:52pm
^Fucc that, the whole earth was meant to be ours...
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 12:54pm
the whole Blacks going back to Africa thing has happened in the past. It never worked out well.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 28 2013 at 12:55pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

If the government started a program to sponsor Blacks who wanted to go back to Africa, would u join?

You will get/own 15 acres in the African nation of your choice

You get $150,000 (USD) to spend how ever you want and you get an extra $50,000 for every minor you take with you (no more than 3).

You just cant come back to the US. And if found back in the country you will serve a mandatory life sentence.

with africans still fighting for land repatriation from the whites, the africans back in africa will mostly tell you, fucck you very much ask you what entitles you to 'their' land?

think israel and palestine

also that would result in the devaluation of the us dollar..

Edited by afrokock - Jul 28 2013 at 1:52pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

When I was in Senegal I was dating this guy and I was asking him can you tell me about Senegal before it was invaded by the muslims he said "I dont know we were all drunk and ignorant" my mouth droped to the floor and it was at the moment I knew he was LOST!

Ha ha!

Well I personally think Black Americans have the lead in the diaspora about accepting themselves and embracing their blackness.  IMO, outside of America, especially in Africa and parts of Latin America, self-hatred is the norm.  It's not questioned.  Its just understood European is superior to black in every way imaginable. 
Caribbean people are just as accepting, i've seen some dress in traditional african type clothing i don't see that with american blacks. IA with some latin american countries though. 

Was just about to ask Uppity where the Caribbean falls? I see her leaving us out of the equation completely *vexed* lol

O/T My church is going to Africa next year and best believe I will be on that trip. I've haven't been to church in years and I have no idea where they're going .....not ashamedCool

Edited by Diane (35) - Jul 28 2013 at 2:06pm
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:06pm
i wanted to say that dianne but i know someone gonna jump up with 'but bleaching!!11!' and 'we seen kartel, try agaain'
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:07pm
Omni go back to who to where and cause a $hitload more problems?! No i don't think a mass/or miniscule exodus to Africa can be the answer. Ok Afro answered.

Eden LOL is not only we bleach all parts of the diaspora do and I dare anyone to say otherwise.

Jamaicans do embrace their blackness and their natural hair, they always have. The Rastafar religion/Teachings of Marcus Garvey also strengthened that. But again black make up the majority here. No i wont lie and say you won't get the taunting "creme (relaxe) your hair!" "are you Christian" " You head look bad" and such but natural hair has always been in>

But i do agree that more and more yardies are turning to natural hair and yes its a direct response to AA hair trends and hair care boards/blogs YTubers, that's a fact! When i saw SiliconMix in a BSS out here  i chuckled to myself and said thanks Sexib.

Edited by Diane (35) - Jul 28 2013 at 2:14pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:09pm
nigguhs run into ten nigguhs in africa who dont like kinky hair

then alluvasudden the billion plus africans be cooning

that sh*t is hilarious maaaan!!
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

You will get/own 15 acres in the African nation of your choice.

Travel expenses covered.

You *&%^$#@Ein with it?

Wtf. First of all to the underlined, that would mean you would most likely be displacing native Africans from their rightful homes so naaaaaay to this whole concept.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:23pm
Wait so the majority actually believe that Africans are more accepting of European norms than other blacks?

I would be hard pressed to find an African who would dig centuries into their lineage to find one drop of non-African blood...or who cling onto their great great great grandmother's daugther's pet rodent's chew toy being half Native American just to feel some sense of worthiness. 

Point being every group has its flaws.

All of the Africans with the exception of a few that I have met have been proudly African but have unfortunately succumbed to European standards of beauty, living, etc etc just like the rest of the diaspora.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic