Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedLongest Lasting Braids (9 Months)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
PittGirl06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longest Lasting Braids (9 Months)
    Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 1:18am

Do y'all know of any particular kind of braid style that will last for nine months??  I know that's a long time, but I plan on going to France for nine months and don't wanna be thinking about my hair.  I do want to grow it otu during that time. I do not know anyone in that area that does relaxers or anything like braids, etc (could probably find out but it may be kind of odd since I don't speak French...yet!!)

Anyway, I would be doing the Surge thing and probably the carrot thing too while I have these braids in....also, I would rather not use human hair....is there any kind of braids that would last this long?? 

BTW, I will be in Atlanta during the summer, so if there is such a style, I would need to be able to get them done there.

Sponsored Links

michelle_del View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 1:52am
I think your hair would grow drastically in 9 months .The longest i've known people to leave in braids was 3 months, and those were box braids. Do you plan on washing them? How long is your hair now? If you have a perm, your hair is going to BREAK, so be careful, and try to care for it, even though you are going to be in france.
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 2:00am
i cant think of not one style that can last that long. maybe you can get cornrow/micro braid combo. then you can keep up the cornrows in the frot every 2 weeks to keep them nice. and occasionally do the micro braids over....
Bajan Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 2:04am
Actually, PittGirl06 when I went to France, Paris there were alot of Darker skinned french women with 4a-4b texture hair.  I was surprised and I actually asked a lady in my hotel if there were any hair stores in the area and she gave me directions, I loaded up.  It was like a regular hair store they had everything.  I have been to a lot of different countries being in the military.  I have lived in Italy and now I am in Bahrain.  In most country's there are Africans that braid hair and they do a good job.  There prices for micro are much cheaper then in the states.  You should ask around while your there you never know.  What part of France are you going to?
OuttaControl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 2:09am

great info Bajan... that's something i definitely didn't know

also...leaving them in that long could cause them to loc up and that would be a bit devastating

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 2:34am
I was suprised myself, I just went got my hair braided on Friday, by some Etheopion(sp) women.  I just love this is my third time going to there shop.  All the Black girls go there and get there hair done.  As long as you have a picture they can do it.
OuttaControl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 2:39am
very cool..esp since the price is great too..what style did you get?  How long did it take?
PittGirl06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 3:10am

I will be in Southern France.  In Grenoble.  Paris is hours away and I do not know of any other major cities that are neat Grenoble....it is in the Alps.

I would wash them....yeah, i definitely don't want my hair to break!  I wish I knew how to do "protective styles" because maybe I would do that...but I can bearly do a ponytail!  I stink at doing my hair!  But I do want it to grow!

edit:  had to edit cuz I am an idiot and put "spain" before...heh, I meant France and changed it! ;)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 3:45am

Hmm...I have been to Spain also they have Africans there too.  Don't count yourself out yet.  Are you going to Spain or France?

Outta,

I got micro's it took five hours, but they braid kinda slow, there were two women braiding my hair.  When I was in Italy there was only one women that braided hair, she charge $120 for micros and she could braid so fast she could do my hair five hours by herself, she would be so booked up you would have to call weeks in advance just to get an appointment!

juicy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2004 at 5:55am
Hi, everyone. I agree with you that there´s no braided style that will last up to 9 months. And I think it will be difficult to find someone to do your hair around Grenoble. Its close to the swiss border and Im afraid there won´t be too many africans living there. Maybe in Lyon which is the next big city(I think). Its true that there´s lots of african women braiding hair all over europe, specially Paris has a huge area, where there´s only African stores, selling art,clothes and hairsalons. Its mostly Senegalese women and they are doing a great job.You can get micros for about 120 € which is about 100 $
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic