Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long haired women of Mbalantu
    Posted: Nov 06 2016 at 8:25am

These Mbalantu women in Africa use finely milled omutyuula tree bark (Acacia reficiens) mixed with oils and keep their hair braided constantly to grow their hair floor leng.th.Their hair was kept greased with this mixture and in braided 24/7 http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/06/mbalantu-women-of-africa-and-their-floor-length-natural-hair-tradition/
This is the powder that is mixed with fat/oil and braided into their hair. I believe coconut oil, red palm oil perhaps mixed with shea butter is appropriate here.Acacia powder https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/acacia-powder/profile
I plan to buy some of the acacia powder, mix it with coconut oil, red palm oil and or shea butter and cover my hair with a wig for Winter. Sulfur oils like Shapely's MTG are also good for this. I will cornrow my hair but I will take my wig off and cornrow my hair over at least  once per month if not every two weeks. 

Remembering the women of China who only wash their hair with fermented rice water. I will also keep rice in a gallon jug of water fermenting to wash my hair as well. Their hair wash formula is here http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/11/05/the-chinese-village-of-long-haired-rapunzels/

In addition, I plan to only eat fish for meat. Salmon and tuna specifically are excellent for hair growth. I will make a bowl of mackerel, tuna and or salmon with Just Mayo, elbow macaroni and have a sandwich daily for lunch. Anchovies are also great in tomato sauce over pasta and on pizzas with pineapples.

PS I have this type of acacia tree outside.albizia julibrissin aka lenkoran acacia. I may try to grind a bit of the bark with a mortar and pestle and then warm it in the oils. There are several acacia species native to the US. I will ask the tree for a tiny bit of its bark before harvesting, take only what I need and thank the tree for its bark.  It may be harmful to the tree or even kill it to remove bark.  So I will very delicately scrape only a tiny bit from the surface without exposing the deeper levels of the tree at all. Younger acacia trees are smooth and don't even have much bark. So it would be better to find an older tree with thick bark and still only scrape off the thinnest outer layer to not harm the tree. I figure I only need about a spoonful of pulverized bark to add to some oils at the moment. 

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 06 2016 at 9:52am
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2016 at 8:28pm
I was able to harvest a little acacia bark outside but I am afraid of injuring the young trees so I will go on and order some African (Senegal) acacia powder online. I did grind the bark in a blender then some more with a mortar and pestle. I then warmed it a few minutes mixed in red palm oil, coconut oil and shea butter and applied it to my hair. I think this is a great treatment to leave in the hair when you're doing protective styles. Thanks to the  Mbalantu women for this information.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 07 2016 at 2:03am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2016 at 1:50am
or

In addition to the above, I will enjoy making some Irish Moss gel regularly and adding that to my diet on a regular basis. It is rich in minerals and collagen which are all good for the skin and hair. I add it to spaghetti sauce and basically to anything just to get it in me as a supplement.

There is no need to weigh the portion you soak. You may also apply the gel to your face in creams and use it as hair gel in addition to eating it. You can buy WHOLE LEAF Irish sea mos on amazon.  Do not buy the crumbled Iris moss that is not WHOLE LEAF, it is a waste of money... see this for more information https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk5Hk8iQU8g

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 07 2016 at 2:07am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2016 at 7:19pm
Good luck and keep us posted!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2016 at 10:55am
Will do. I bought some bundles during the Summer and made a flip in/halo with fish wire like Secret hair on tv. I will use that hair and just get a frontal and sew it on a wig cap. How's your lace going?

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 09 2016 at 11:27am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2016 at 7:10pm
Going OK. I'll admit that with everything that I've been dealing with this year I haven't been the best with my hair. I wash and deep con weekly, and rebraid biweekly. I want to get back to my keratin treatments, but they're too time consuming for now.
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2016 at 8:43pm
All the fish as your only meat arent you worried about mercury??

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 9:26am
I will have to look into the mercury in the canned tuna to answer that. Thanks for asking.

I did some research NEEDTRESSES. https://www.edf.org/oceans/mercury-alert-canned-tuna-safe-eat
Apparently salmon is a very clean fish and much safer than tuna. Thanks for asking that

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 18 2016 at 9:33am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 7:05pm
Those are great tips Carrie. I'm with you on that. I will avoid doing my color root touch up and the BKT also while I try to get my hair to grow some more. I just ordered some Jamaican Black Castor Oil to apply when I cornrow my hair down.  Looking forward to seeing some growth from not fooling with my hair for about a year. I think I will try to re-cornrow every two weeks too. Great ideas Carrie. Keep me updated.
Where do you get your wigs? I ordered a 13x4 silk base lace frontal from aliexpress and sewed it to some bundles I already had from there on a lace wig cap with adjustable straps. Next time I want to custom order a full lace wig  if all goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed .
PS Carrie do you use got2b glued, tape, elastic band or what? I think I will be going w/ got2b and adjustable straps on the wig cap I bought atm. I havent installed yet. Still have to tweeze the hairline and doctor the baby hairs. I feel like I can't be bothered with all this plucking though and risk messing up my piece. I will just order a 90% density hairline or so and whatever density in the rest of the wig (130% or whatever I want) and avoid doing all this work.

This is the wig cap I ordered on ebay. I really like that it has both adjustable straps and metal, bendable, moldable ear tabs.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 18 2016 at 8:03pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2016 at 7:54pm
 I bought the yellow tube of got2b. It is white cream but tuns clear when it is ready to lay the lace down.. It also holds longer I hear.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic