Extensions Plus

Long haired women of Mbalantu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2016 at 12:25pm
I use the elastic band method along with got 2 be (yellow tube). I also stitch it to my braids in selected areas, because I keep mine on all week - wash weekly and rebraid every other week. I still BKT my edges on the sides, because I lie to wear my wig off my face and for me, having that little bit out makes it easier. I'd love to BKT my whole head, but I don't have the time these days and honestly, after switching to the Uncurly I can't take the fumes. I think the Brazilian Keratin Research one had less fumes, but the uncurly works better IMO.
Sponsored Links

barelyreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barelyreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2016 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Those are great tips Carrie. I'm with you on that. I will avoid doing my color root touch up and the BKT also while I try to get my hair to grow some more. I just ordered some Jamaican Black Castor Oil to apply when I cornrow my hair down.  Looking forward to seeing some growth from not fooling with my hair for about a year. I think I will try to re-cornrow every two weeks too. Great ideas Carrie. Keep me updated.[DIV]Where do you get your wigs? I ordered a 13x4 silk base lace frontal from aliexpress and sewed it to some bundles I already had from there on a lace wig cap with adjustable straps. Next time I want to custom order a full lace wig  if all goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed .[/DIV][DIV]PS Carrie do you use got2b glued, tape, elastic band or what? I think I will be going w/ got2b and adjustable straps on the wig cap I bought atm. I havent installed yet. Still have to tweeze the hairline and doctor the baby hairs. I feel like I can't be bothered with all this plucking though and risk messing up my piece. I will just order a 90% density hairline or so and whatever density in the rest of the wig (130% or whatever I want) and avoid doing all this work.[/DIV][DIV][IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/XAEAAOSwygJXheCy/s-l1600.jpg[/IMG]
[/DIV][DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]This is the wig cap I ordered on ebay. I really like that it has both adjustable straps and metal, bendable, moldable ear tabs.[/DIV]

That is a lovely cap. Thanks for pointing it out!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2016 at 8:36am
Carrie, I can't remember which one smells less I am not going to do them for a while since I will be going with the wigs.   About the cap, it came in the mail and I sewed everything to a mesh cap first and that was too loose. So then when this cap came I sewed it inside to it too and it feels SO much more secure. I drew dark roots on with a brown and a black Sharpie since I did not want to stain the lace and silk base using hair color . And I plucked just the part and cut some baby hairs about an inch long. I have the yellow tube of Got2b gel  and I got the yellow can of the spritz too.

Here is something interesting I found out.... A lot of Black Americans and Africans were a lost tribe of Judaism/Hebrews or even the original Jews. 

The 2nd part to that is that some Jewish women and those who are married cover their head with a scarf (Tichel/Mitpachat) as a required form of worship to God (mitzvah, plural mitzvot)
Nowadays, some Jewish women wear wigs called SHEITELS instead of wearing head scarves as their way of fulfilling the requirement of keeping the head covered in public. SO, wearing a wig is a mitvah or way of following God's commandments and being a good Hebrew/Jewish woman before God.

If Blacks really are the REAL Jews or just a lost tribe, we really should know this in order to serve God well.
This drawing of different tribes around Israel from a temple in Egypt is thousands of years old
Notice the bonnets and the hoop earrings still seen today in Black culture :D

The tassels (tzitzit) on the ends of their garments are a sign that they are Jews. It was to remind them of their exodus out of Egypt.
Here are some interesting videos by Black Jews talking about tzitzits. It will also give you a headstart in finding community

One very important thing I want to note is that Jesus was a Jew. But some Jews KILLED him and still do not consider him their messiah. There are groups like Jews for Jesus and others called Messianic Jews who DO ACCEPT JESUS AS THE MESSIAH. I think this is VERY important to follow if you are to explore your Jewish or Hebrew roots. (I am at the moment, and hope to explore my first Hanukkah this year.) Jesus is Lord!

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 23 2016 at 11:29am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2016 at 11:06am
I got a silk base lace frontal and I love it.  There are no tell tale lace grids or dark knots at all. But I am going to try brushing my face powder on the lace then covering it with a layer of got2b to see if the effect is as natural as a silk base for future reference. (I'm cheap) It would be great if it looks just as good in person...we shall see. If the silk base is too light for you, you can let it sit in a bowl of hot tea until desired shade is achieved or use brown Rit dye. See 3:55 onward for the fake silk base on lace w/ got2b 

Here is a close up with the silicon scar sheets in the part. I think she should have dusted on her face powder first to disguise the knots better before applying the sheet.... See 6:29 onward.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 26 2016 at 11:34am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2016 at 8:18pm
For some reason, the got2b did not hold it down even 24 hrs (maybe it was the Jamaican Castor Oil I put on my scalp that lifted it. So, I applied a few layers of Ghostbond adhesive and it is tight now. I will look into Robert Diamond Hair Protector, Supertape and Ultra Hold Glue for a 4-6 week hold next time. I can not be out and find my lace is lifted! LOL

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 26 2016 at 8:35pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2016 at 9:45am
These 3 bundles of "Malaysian" Water Wave are really hard, dull, stiff dry and shed a lot. I had to bleach them 3 times and they are still not as light as my hair gets with just one single box tint and no bleach. The hair feels way worst than my natural hair and it is brand new. I hate to think how hard, stiff, dull and rough it will be in 2 months. I put castor oil on this hard hair and it doesn't look like I put anything on it. It looks like it needs a whole bottle of heavy castor oil to soften up a bit. If I use a tiny bit of castor oil on my hair, it looks dripping wet. I really hate this hair. I need something silkier, softer and with more moisture and life in it. Ugh! 
This must really be Chinese hair. I need very fine Indian or something less coarse than this to compare to my hair.  I have a U part wig made out of Indian Remy that is a few years old and it is 10 times softer and feels much moister and more alive.  "Malaysian" is not for me. I  found some "Brazilian" curly on the shelf and it feels hard like a brillo pad too. I will stick with Indian Remy or try some "Russian" or "European" hair. I am not sure if it will really be European hair or if it is also Chinese hair they are passing off as all these other names of different countries.  I guess that is my curse for having such baby fine hair.  Most of these Chinese hairs feel like brillo pads to me compared to my natural hair. This "Malaysian" hair will work great for a lot of people though or maybe I just got 3 really coarse bundles

UPDATE:
The frontal I got is much finer. Each strand of this frontal feels skinnier and finer like 1/3 of one strand of the heavy yak hair in the bundles (less coarse) I just found out that they DO sell YAK belly and YAK tail hair also. The softer hair is on the belly and may be "Peruvian" hair. The coarser hair is on the tail and may be "Malaysian", "Brazilian, kinky straight, kinky curly, etc. I think that is what "Malaysian", "Peruvian","Brazilian", kinky straight, kinky curly and Yaki hairs really are.

Bulk Himalayan YAK belly hair sold on alibaba shown above.
This is a yak. He's a walking wig store LOL I wonder how many bundles of hair they will sell off of him in his lifetime? Tongue

It actually is perfect for kinky straight or YAKY  Wink styles
 I knew they were not getting all this hair from human beings LOL
I am wearing a cow's (yak's) hair in the back of my wig LOL I am pretty sure it is a human beings hair in the front on the lace frontal. Oh well whatever. They make leather out of cows too, may as well put the hair to good use too Confused

Sources

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 27 2016 at 12:21pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2016 at 12:38pm
more sources: They steam process it to be straight, body wave, etc and dye it with fabric dyes to standardize the colors.

Cow leather is coveted so I see nothing wrong with it. It can even be harvested humanely without harming the animal. It is just too hard and too coarse to match my hair.

VIRGIN "Brazilian" YAK Smile

That's a good one. VIRGIN "Brazilian" YAK 

100% unprocessed YAK

Yep, the  yak hair in this video is what I have from alimoda as Malaysian wavy Dead Meanwhile, my natural hair feels a little heavier than the angora hair he showed at the beginning of the video, like a baby's hair. I really do not want to spend a lot of money trying to find fine hair that I will be comfortable wearing. Ouch

PS I think a solution to the hardness of the yak or Chinese hair is to apply glycerine like care free curl when wet. Let dry and reapply once or twice until desired softness is achieved. Can not use heat or curl it if you do this though.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 27 2016 at 6:33pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 5:51am
so my update on my wig in summary is that I hate it. It has a really bad quality of hair that is really hard, stiff, dull, dry and overly coarse. It is too coarse to look or feel natural on me. Gylcerine and oil did not even help it. I still have it on since it is glued down. I just hope to come up with some fine hair to my liking, custom made and start over.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 7:18pm
I am going to buy a set of 1-2 strand ventilating needles with holder and practice to see whether I am up to making my own.  That way I will know what is in my unit.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 28 2016 at 9:40pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 9:12am

How to make micro handtied wefts for any weft portion of your hairpiece.I personally think it would be just as easy to go on and ventilate the whole wig if you are doing it for yourself and want quality.
Superwig maker says he can ventilate a whole wig by hand in about 96 hours of labor. That is roughly 100 hours of labor. At US wages, of minimum of $10/ hr that is $1000.00 for labor not including the cost of the hair. lace or anything else. I may try to make one for myself using only ventilating but ONLY for myself. It is way too much work to do this for any other random Joe who won't appreciate it.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic