Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

lol have you copped your s.o's some meggings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lol have you copped your s.o's some meggings?
    Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 9:57am
for xmas

In life, one tries hard not to leave the house wearing only underwear. Particularly in winter. Yet such is my predicament one freezing Monday in December, as I stand in the chill winds of King's Cross, London, wearing little more than a pair of tights. Technically, they're not even tights. They are male leggings, or in the parlance de nos jours, "meggings" – they are to leggings what mankinis are to bikinis. (Quite why leggings have to be gendered in this way is a moot point. We all have legs – boys and girls. It's not like ladies' leggings are called feggings.)

Meggings, the fashion press alleges, are the next male trend: the Telegraph says they are "taking the fashion world by storm" – a storm that has already, according to the Mail, taken the whole city of New York. Metaphorically speaking. Now, we hear, said storm is heading for Britain (Uniqlo and Nordstrom are among the brands already stocking them). It is in testing this outlandish claim that I find myself shivering next to Regent's Canal, wearing a pair of black, skin-tight leggings emblazoned with the brand Boy London's logo. Can these ball-crunching jodhpur variants really be the next thing in male fashion, I ask Albus, a balding builder from Lithuania?

Nah. "I don't like them," says Albus. "I like more traditional designs. Jeans. Combat trousers. Military stuff. It's a personal choice."

"It wouldn't be my bag, to be honest," agrees Dave Wells, a sound engineer. "I don't do that whole skinny-jeans-and-plimsoll thing." Cripes. Unlikely as it seems, could the fashion press have got this one wrong? In a panic, I ring up GQ's fashion guru, Robert Johnston. "They are out there," he says. "It dates back to super-skinny jeans, and this is the obvious extension of that." Justin Bieber, for instance, recently sported a stripy skin-tight number, while Russell Brand has been wearing them for years. But, Johnston cautions, they are not for everyone. "You've got to be quite young," he says. "If you've got a bit of a belly, it's not going to look great. You'll look like an avocado on matchsticks."

Still, it has clearly been a hit at Selfridge's. "We sold out of the Boy London leggings within the first week of stocking them, and have since had to re-order five times." Versace long-johns and Givenchy's leggings have apparently proved almost as popular. And to be fair, I do find some tentative praise on the streets. "They'd look good on someone with beefy legs," says Christian, smoking round the back of his office. "My legs aren't as good-looking as, for example, yours."

Buoyed, I bounce over to St Martin's art school, and within moments I'm chatting to some fashion students. My kinda people. "I like them," says Antonella Volpe, "they look fit."

But for the lack of pockets, and the fact I had to shove my phone down my pants, perhaps I could wear these more often. They are, after all, quite warm. But then it starts: "I think maybe you need a bigger sweater," counters Ilse Jara. "I'm not sure about the print," she adds. "They're not for my boyfriend."

"Not for my brother," says Antonella.

And, concludes, Ilse: "You don't look so masculine."

Sponsored Links

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:04am
A Comprehensive Glossary Of Gifs / gifs glossary

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:06am
I bet they're on your list. 
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:06am
eeew. Id never want my man to be walking around, accentuating his calf muscles and booty cheeks in some meggings. Leave it for the ladies please.
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:07am
LOL good look for men who are packing some meat
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:07am
i can see u in them bruh
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

eeew. Id never want my man to be walking around, accentuating his calf muscles and booty cheeks in some meggings. Leave it for the ladies please.

lol made me laf
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

A Comprehensive Glossary Of Gifs / gifs glossary

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Liberation Serif', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22px; ">A Comprehensive Glossary Of Gifs / gifs glossary
<br clear="all"></span>

that gif is too funny!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

i can see u in them bruh

fucck i look like walking around with my sac of cocnuts on display?

i believe in nut-ular freedom ..let the nuts breath

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>