Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Locs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loced 8 yrs. and counting......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hershez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hershez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 2:17pm
Love em
Sponsored Links

myayla48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote myayla48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 4:45pm
beautiful loc just beautiful!!!
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:26pm
Thanks  ladies!! Embarrassed
jessy09ist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessy09ist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 7:56am
ill be new to the locs,and i have alot of questions. let me explain my situation.get a glass of water and relax because this will be long sorry.5 years ago i made the decision to go natural just because i was tired of breakage slow growth chem burns ect...i did the big chop and started off new,i started using mosturizers doing co washes with vo5 cond which my hair loves.it grew really long and i was curious to know what it looked like straight. (such a hugeee mistake) check out that journey on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/jessy09ist anyway i permed it and it was really long the longest its ever been in my life.it was strong healthy then of course things went bad really bad i started having breakage it started to look thin and weak few weeks later i cut off all the damage but like a fool i permed it again after i cut off the damage i also shaved the side because i wanted a side cut look shortly after all that mess i decided natural is for me,its the only time my hair grows.so at the moment im transitioning back to natural and after the side cut grows in a few more inches in september i plan to cut off all permed hair and start some locs.heres my questions 1.what method you think works best? 2.how often can you wash your locs without them coming apart?3. what do you do to prevent junk getting locked in your locs?4. do you think its best i cut off all my hair and start with baby locs?how do you keep them looking fresh?and do you get bored with styles or are they limited?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 6:47am
Originally posted by jessy09ist jessy09ist wrote:

1.what method you think works best? Out of most of the different methods out there to starting locs, latch hooking work for me because I can wash my hair whenever I want to and don't have to worry about unraveling. Downside is, the locs will appear to look thinner due to them being more compacted, but I like them a lot! 

2.how often can you wash your locs without them coming apart? Again, with the latch hook method, I don't have that problem much.

3. what do you do to prevent junk getting locked in your locs? I usually will sleep with my hair wrapped in a scarf. Sleeping on satin pillows works great also!

4. do you think its best i cut off all my hair and start with baby locs? Yes. Because of the perm changing the overall structure of the hair, I would definitely recommend starting over.

how do you keep them looking fresh?and do you get bored with styles or are they limited? I like to wash my hair pretty frequently, (in the summer, every other day. Winter, about once a week.) to keep my scalp clean and free of accumulated lint and whatnot. I'll use conditioner and a light oil, and that's it. As far as styles goes, at work it's kept in a pony. Any other time, I'll just leave it down unless a special occasion arises, then I'll style it up. I just don't to that too often as to not place too much tension on my scalp.

If you or anyone has any more loc questions for me, feel free to ask away! Hope that helps! Big smile 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 2:41am
On the New Moon, March 30, 2014 I went from this:

To this:

Yes folks, I cut my 9 y.o. locs off! Big smile I DO plan to start a new, hopefully, thicker set eventually......but for now, I'm gonna just let it grow back out and enjoy my fro for now! Wink
shellbee823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shellbee823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:17pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU LOOK! With our without the locs! :)
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:59pm
Nice!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by shellbee823 shellbee823 wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU LOOK! With our without the locs! :)

Thanks ladies! Embarrassed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System