Perfect Hair Collection

LOC method shopping list

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOC method shopping list
    Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 3:47pm
I found it helpful since I had a hard time knowing the difference between leave-in and cream. Of course, it's not even close to being an exhaustive list but it gives you an idea...
Leave In Conditioners

Choosing the right product for this step is crucial to the success of the LOC method. This product will provide the moisture that will eventually be sealed in by other products later in this routine.

If the leave-in conditioner applied at this stage doesn’t cut it moisture-wise then regardless of what butter or oil you use to seal your hair thereafter it will be dry. 

These moisturizing products have been discussed at length on the curly hair forums, are the first to go out of stock in a CurlMart sale, are historically hoarded by curlies and are likely to cause protests if they ever get discontinued.

• SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk

• Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion

• Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave In Hair Conditioner

• Oyin Handmade Hair Dew

• CURLS Curl Milkshake

Method

leave-in-LLeave In Conditioners

Choosing the right product for this step is crucial to the success of the LOC method. This product will provide the moisture that will eventually be sealed in by other products later in this routine.

If the leave-in conditioner applied at this stage doesn’t cut it moisture-wise then regardless of what butter or oil you use to seal your hair thereafter it will be dry. 

These moisturizing products have been discussed at length on the curly hair forums, are the first to go out of stock in a CurlMart sale, are historically hoarded by curlies and are likely to cause protests if they ever get discontinued.

oil-oOils

The oils you choose for this step will greatly depend on the porosity of your hair.

If you’re a high porosity natural then you can get away with using oils that are heavier.

However, if you have low to normal porosity then you might want to go for lighter oils that won’t leave your hair weighed down or oily.

For high porosity naturals

These thick oils provide a greater barrier to prevent moisture loss:

• Castor oil

• Olive oil

For normal porosity

• Jojoba oil

• Grapeseed oil

For low porosity hair

These oils are very light yet still effective at sealing the hair and won’t leave your hair oily if applied lightly and evenly:

• Camellia oil

• Watermelon seed oil

• Avocado oil

• Argan oil

Also feel free to combine these oils to create the perfect mix for your hair’s specific needs.

leave-in-LLeave In Conditioners

oil-oOils

The oils you choose for this step will greatly depend on the porosity of your hair.

If you’re a high porosity natural then you can get away with using oils that are heavier.

However, if you have low to normal porosity then you might want to go for lighter oils that won’t leave your hair weighed down or oily.

For high porosity naturals

These thick oils provide a greater barrier to prevent moisture loss:

• Castor oil

• Olive oil

For normal porosity

• Jojoba oil

• Grapeseed oil

For low porosity hair

These oils are very light yet still effective at sealing the hair and won’t leave your hair oily if applied lightly and evenly:

• Camellia oil

• Watermelon seed oil

• Avocado oil

• Argan oil

Also feel free to combine these oils to create the perfect mix for your hair’s specific needs.

cream-cCreams

• Qhemet Burdock Root Butter & Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy CreamOnce upon a time a curly on a forum described these products as moisture in a jar and after having tried both I wholeheartedly agree. These two products are rich and creamy and when used can leave the hair moisturized from root to tip. Also they are shea butter free for the those whose curls don’t like this ingredient.
    • Oyin Whipped PuddingAnother favourite amongst curlies is Oyins Whipped Pudding. This all natural shea butter based product is perfect as the final step of the LOC method as this thick butter cream is an excellent moisturizer and sealant.

Plays well with: Oyin Handmade Hair Dew

As always remember to have love peace and curly haired bliss.

Sponsored Links

bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 4:36pm
L= warm water for me
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 6:10pm
Sigh

I know this method works for you guys. But really, these companies have women thinking they don't need just one leave in product or --call me crazy--no leave in product. But now in the past year in the online hair community all of a sudden we need 3?

3x the money, product buildup, perhaps 3x the cumulative effect of toxic ingredients and 3x the time spreading it all in.

Sure liquid-oil-cream does work. But I'm suspicious of all marketing.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by krisviola1 krisviola1 wrote:

Sigh

I know this method works for you guys. But really, these companies have women thinking they don't need just one leave in product or --call me crazy--no leave in product. But now in the past year in the online hair community all of a sudden we need 3?

3x the money, product buildup, perhaps 3x the cumulative effect of toxic ingredients and 3x the time spreading it all in.

Sure liquid-oil-cream does work. But I'm suspicious of all marketing.

You don't have to buy the products, though. You can make them yourself if you're a DIYer. The idea is to explain the LOC method and provide a few suggestions for those who prefer to buy ready-made, natural products. None of those have toxic ingredients.
As for DIY mixtures:
Liquid could be simply water mixed with glycerin or water mixed with aloe and some oil. After all, water is the greatest moisturizer of all and the first step requires water-based products anyway
Oil is self explanatory
Cream could be a homemade concoction with butters, castor and olive oil and essential oils.

The point of this is the layering of products, especially for those with high porosity issues.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 15 2013 at 1:06am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 1:08am
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

L= warm water for me
At the end of the day, water is the best moisturizer. I personally like to add glycerin and essential oils to it and spray it on.
I need to revisit aloe vera. I didn't like it when I first used it but I also didn't realize that aloe has a shorter shelf life and that concoctions with aloe need to be refrigerated.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 15 2013 at 1:10am
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 1:16am
I definitely think it works, but I too am bothered by all the companies attempting to get people to buy their products for the purpose of LOC.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply