Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Locs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Loc Extensions: this is how its done! (PICS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loc Extensions: this is how its done! (PICS)
    Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:25am
Hi Guys! This place is a little ghost town but I HAD to share my loc extensions that I have been rocking for the past month. 

I did synthetic loc extensions years ago before they became popular and LOVED THEM! But we all know the cons synthetic hair has. I always wanted to do them again but I just wanted to avoid the headache of synthetic hair and the lack of versatility. I always thought about loc'ing my hair but I am scared to take the plunge seeing that I am never committed to any hairstyle for longer than two weeks.

I decided I was going to get loc extensions but I wanted to make sure that when I did them I was not limited and they were like real locs. So I did my research for weeks. I came across many videos and studied many pictures but no one gave up any secrets! After weeks of studying I decided to create my technique which combined the process of installing loc extensions on already loc'd hair and installing synthetic extensions. 

I also wanted to make sure that I had the right hair without paying an arm and a leg for afro kinky human hair. Again with dedication and research I got REAL HUMAN HAIR that can be dyed, curled, WHATEVER for only $10 a pack! (I think that was the best part LOL) It moves like real locs, feels like real locs, soaks up water like real locs, needs to be re-tightened like real locs. Even people who know me and see me with the locs are baffled and think they're real until I say they aren't. LOL.

I used a crochet hook to create the loc and then I attached it on my hair. I now have realistic loc extensions that is a protective style while providing me the luxury of getting my Loc itch out. This whole process was trial and error and I am still perfecting my technique. The best part is that the locs are reusable and it cuts installation in HALF! I am so happy I did this!

Now on to what you've been waiting for!

This is a braidout.

Here's a pic of my ponytail.

And a pic of the roots to see how natural they look.

Edited by HaitianBeauty_ - Aug 11 2014 at 11:59am
Sponsored Links

linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 12:54pm
they look very good Smile

i also installed my own loc extensions this way using human hair (auburn colored), with the crochet needle method.  I loooove them and ur right, people can never tell unless you say so.
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 1:12pm
i got some questions lol

what size do you like most for the needle? i use .75mm and 1mm
and you're saying u made them first then attached each loc to you own hair right? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 1:30pm
Thanks! I actually misplaced my needle but I used the smallest one from Walmart. At first I bought the 1mm one (I think) its like a pinkish gold color but I quickly realized that was not going to work. So I went to get the smallest one which is silver and that gives you the best results. And yup, I made each loc and then added them to my twisted or braided hair. 

Edited by HaitianBeauty_ - Aug 13 2014 at 1:31pm
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 3:08pm
oooh yeah that exactly how i did mines. i loooove these babies

Edited by linmars - Aug 13 2014 at 3:12pm
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 3:13pm
my natural locked hair n new growth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 4:52pm
Yesss!! I love them & yours look good! Better than mine! Lol. I have to retouch some of them cause I was trying to hurry up & get it done. Ugh you make me wanna loc my hair.
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 4:59pm
lol thank you mam. and stop it, yours are gorgeous chile!

yea i always retouch when i feel i need to. i have combined some along the way, now i think i only have 70. my hair is a lot more fine in the back and edges, definitely don't want skinny locs that may break. i like mines thick n juicy lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 5:08pm
I really like how thick they are. What hair did you use?
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 5:14pm
Janet TOFU afro kinky bulk human hair

the auburn color i got was one sale at samsbeauty.com one day for 9.99 and buy one get one free. so basically $10 for 2 packs Smile. i think the hair is normally like 30 per pk

girrrlll i ordered 12 packs lmao.  i had got my original extensions done by a stylist and she used the regular method (plait then wrap). it was soooo stiff and heavy and not realistic at all to me. so, i chopped them thangs off and redid em

still got 4 packs left for any retouches i may need in the future
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic