Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LMKS: Theories on Mental lllness, Race & Violence
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LMKS: Theories on Mental lllness, Race & Violence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:41am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

And I'm really not understanding this romanticized notion of gang members as survivalists who are killing just to eat/survive.

This goes back to a thread we had a couple of months ago where I said that this is community supported violence. Gang members are generally not homeless or starving. They are being fed, clothed, and housed by their parents, grandparents, baby mamas, homies, lovers and friends. AND the government since many of them are eligible for and receive SSI, SDI, SNAP benefits, SS death benefits, and various forms of medicare.

Either way, growing up impoverished, traumatized, with ptsd, and black male in america syndrome does not change the act of violence. A murder is a murder is a murder.

I disagree.
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:42am

A murder is a murder is a murder.

not so.  otherwise, the potus would be in jail.  the ceo of standard oil would be in jail.  i could go on...Sleepy
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:43am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

And I'm really not understanding this romanticized notion of gang members as survivalists who are killing just to eat/survive.

This goes back to a thread we had a couple of months ago where I said that this is community supported violence. Gang members are generally not homeless or starving. They are being fed, clothed, and housed by their parents, grandparents, baby mamas, homies, lovers and friends. AND the government since many of them are eligible for and receive SSI, SDI, SNAP benefits, SS death benefits, and various forms of medicare.

Either way, growing up impoverished, traumatized, with ptsd, and black male in america syndrome does not change the act of violence. A murder is a murder is a murder.
i thought the thread was about predictors of violence?

or am i mistaken?

Maybe it is. But I was just giving my opinion on one specific question/point...that there really is no difference between the acts of violence whether they occur one at a time or all at the same time.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:43am
both are crimes yes Maysay.

but there is a big difference between someone who kills a rival drug dealer.
and someone who goes into a school and kills a child they never ever saw before in their life.

so in that light.. a murder is not a murder is not a murder.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:47am

i do agree that men on average, have the propensity of violence, more so than women, across all races.

i didn't think this thread was simply about violence, but rather mass murders of innocent strangers and why that seems to be the exclusive territory of white middle class men.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:52am
Gang members shoot directly at children and adults they have absolutely no connection all the time. The "unintended casualties" are not unintended at all. Y'all know that and I know that.

But anyway, I was just talking about the number of acts of violence when it comes to attempted murder/murder. They "why" and the "reasoning" are surely different...but my focus was specifically on the numbers.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:00am
but then your comparison to the two individuals is wrong.
If I remember anything about comparing one set of info to another.. you are suposed to have only one variable.

so you can not compare a man who goes into a school kills many-- and then (for the sake of this argument doesn't commit suicide)  and is then caught and jailed.

to a man-- who has been on the loose for 10 years killing ppl at a continuous rate.

if both men were caught on their first crime..
than who has more vics? the white man who one who killed 20 ppl or the black man who who killed 1?

and likewise... if they both were not caught after their crime.. and were allowed to continue their killing sprees for 10 years?
which criminal has more?
the man who kills 20 at a time?
or the man who accumulates 2/yr?
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:03am
a mentally disturbed black man is likely to be already in jail for breathing, not out plotting murder.

additionally black men are raised with very low expectations from life, white men not so much - different reactions when u dont get what you expect

hugely generalising i know
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:07am

Gang members shoot directly at children and adults they have absolutely no connection all the time. The "unintended casualties" are not unintended at all. Y'all know that and I know that.

and that's why i said "usually".  but i don't think it has been documented that gang members (on official gang business) just ride down the street shooting purposely looking to take out every random stranger standing (the only exception i can think of is initiations) .   

that wouldn't be in the "gang" related territory.  that would be in the mass murder territory and i'm sure it would be reported as such gang affiliation aside.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Dec 16 2012 at 8:16am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:10am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

but then your comparison to the two individuals is wrong.
If I remember anything about comparing one set of info to another.. you are suposed to have only one variable.
well and then there is that...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System