Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LMKS: Theories on Mental lllness, Race and Violence
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

LMKS: Theories on Mental lllness, Race and Violence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LMKS: Theories on Mental lllness, Race and Violence
    Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:33am
In the wake of the tragic CT school shooting, I have been thinking about gun control, mental illness and the color of the people who commit these mass shooting.

Of course the gun control debate is raging, but I think its time for people on both sides to look at mental health issues. 

In addition, If its one thing that the overwhelming majority of these shootings have in common (besides guns and mental health issues) is that the assailants are always middle class white males...

why is that? and why is it that AA males don't do the same, at the same rate?

what are your opinions, ideas, theories, etc. 

Edited by csungrl09 - Dec 16 2012 at 2:34am
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:39am
IDK but I read a debate about if Sociopaths should be locked away forever (whether they did something or not) so they do not jeopardize people's safety. Or if we should focus on treatment and rehab. Some people believe that we should change from locking people up for punishment, to locking people up for others safety. I disagree however.

(and by lock people up, I can also mean put in a mental hospital forever)

ETA: Good thread.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Dec 16 2012 at 2:39am
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 3:02am
In regards to the White middle class thing I truly don't know. I have two theories though.

1. Racial Profiling is not only legal, but encouraged by police. I know from experience that police are much more likely to stop/question/arrest a black person than a white person. I think if a mentally ill black person were to plan something like this, he'd be more likely to get caught because police watch us closely. And he'd be more likely to get thrown in jail without a fair trial or people/media assuming he did this because he is mentally ill but because he's just an evil person 

2. It could also be because white men have always run things. They've always gotten what they want. So when something goes a little wrong for them, they go completely insane and start acting out because they aren't used to be told no. (kinda like a spoiled child if you think about it).

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 3:15am
Middle class whites have to money to buy the weapons. 
They also are educated, bitter and alone so they have the motive, capacity and the time to plan out sh*t like this. 
Lower class whites are content with their food stamps and their cousins.

Middle class AAs are usually trying to get away from the violence and the guns.
Lower class blacks are too busy dodging bullets, going to funerals and they aren't as educated.

And women ain't got time for none of this sh*t.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 3:22am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

In regards to the White middle class thing I truly don't know. I have two theories though.

1. Racial Profiling is not only legal, but encouraged by police. I know from experience that police are much more likely to stop/question/arrest a black person than a white person. I think if a mentally ill black person were to plan something like this, he'd be more likely to get caught because police watch us closely. And he'd be more likely to get thrown in jail without a fair trial or people/media assuming he did this because he is mentally ill but because he's just an evil person 

2. It could also be because white men have always run things. They've always gotten what they want. So when something goes a little wrong for them, they go completely insane and start acting out because they aren't used to be told no. (kinda like a spoiled child if you think about it).

Clap
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 6:32am
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

In addition, If its one thing that the overwhelming majority of these shootings have in common (besides guns and mental health issues) is that the assailants are always middle class white males...

why is that? and why is it that AA males don't do the same, at the same rate?

what are your opinions, ideas, theories, etc. 

Studies have proven that by the time a pedophile has been caught he/she has usually already had several victims. And the same for rapists...if they are caught they usually have had several victims already. So each of those criminals has already committed a bunch of crimes...but it's not like they raped 20 people at once.

I think the answer to your question in bold is somewhat similar. AA males may not go on a shooting rampage and kill 30 people at once but if you look around at the aa males in jail...by the time they've been convicted of attempted murder or murder they've usually had many other instances of violent crimes that they committed but didn't get convicted of (especially because most of them start beating people down and shooting at folks as preteens/teens).

So I'd say they have the same propensity for rage/violence and the same access to weapons to carry it out, it's just that it manifests differently (single victim at a time vs. groups of victims).
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 6:48am
i disagree
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 6:54am

i don't know how the psyche black men in jail who 99% of the time grew up impoverished, black, and male, in america can be compared to a privileged white boy in connecticut but ok.

white men do these things more-so than others because their mental capacity is not spent worrying about things like finding shelter, keeping the lights on, keeping the bills paid. they are victims of their own success. 

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:01am
well...imo, killing random people for the "fun" of it is not something black people have been caught doing...if they were...believe me...it would be found out and spread over the news...and it would already be our perception...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Dec 16 2012 at 7:03am
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:10am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

i don't know how the psyche black men in jail who 99% of the time grew up impoverished, black, and male, in america can be compared to a privileged white boy in connecticut but ok.

white men do these things more-so than others because their mental capacity is not spent worrying about things like finding shelter, keeping the lights on, keeping the bills paid. they are victims of their own success. 

You missed the point. I'm not comparing their psyches.

AA male attempts to murder/murders 20 ppl over a few years vs. White male attempts to murder/murders 20 ppl in one afternoon...either way, there are still 20 victims attached to each perpetrator.

The point is, the crimes aren't really different, just the way they are carried out. So I don't think we can say this phenomenon is something unique to or most common in white males.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic