Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live on Campus or Get a Car?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JeriMK55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeriMK55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live on Campus or Get a Car?
    Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:11pm
So I need to start thinking about where I'm going to live next school year and I'm having trouble deciding what i should do. I could live on-campus/or in apartment/house near the campus using my loan money. I could live at home and commute to school using the bus ( Free and about a 30 min bus ride) and take out no loan. Or lastly i could live at home and use the loan money to buy a used car. I'm about $21,000 dollars in loans and next year will be my senior year so that will about another ~$9,000 or so in loan. I feel like I'm leaning towards living at home and getting a car, I'll probably come back to live at home when i graduate anyways... What would y'all do? Be economical and live at home or take another loan to live near campus?
Sponsored Links

septemberjewel89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote septemberjewel89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 4:08pm
well you have a big decision to make. You need to look at all you options from a monetary perspective. If you live on or near campus it will be very convenient especially if you are a last minute type of person. for instance you rushing against the clock to get to class on time. Also the loans, grants, and/or scholarships you get for school are suppose to be used for living expenses and school expenses not necessarily to buy a car. But of course we don't always use it for only those things...lol. If you buy a used car there is no guarantee that it won't cause you problems during the school year. Will you be able to put money aside for those expenses? Or at least have somebody you can bum a ride from if you car acts up? The ultimate decision is yours ...I say make a least of how much it would cost to live on campus or live off campus in apt or live off campus at home with car...hth 
rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:55am
  During my last two years of school,  I lived at home and commuted, I saved some $$$. But man did I wish I had a car!! When the winter came and snow was crazy, I had to haul to get to school on public transportation. It was hell. I couldn't stay late at the library and study like I wanted to because it got dark early and my mom got worried. If have close friends that would let you spend the night at there place every once in a while that would be great too, thats what I did. 

I say stay at home and get a car but you need to have a job or some $$$ lined up to help fund the total expenses for your car. You will need it trust me. 

Apt is going to cost major bucks. 

Best wishes during your last year of school :) 

JeriMK55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeriMK55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:27pm
Thank you so much ladies! Well I still have some time to make a final decision, but i think it's probably best (economically) to live at home and pass on the car. I don't have funds for maintaining a used car either.
septemberjewel89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote septemberjewel89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:35pm
no prob JeriMK55....i wish you all the best...and have fun in college...i kinda miss college life :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply