FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Little pieces breaking off ?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little pieces breaking off ?
    Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:46pm
I'm half texlaxed and half natural. I'm finding little 1/4 inch pieces are breaking off from my ends. Is it time for a trim. I've been on my journey 11 months and haven't trimmed yet. Would it be safe for me to wait til next month to trim? And would it be better to do it myself or get it done at a salon.

Edited by PRnena - Dec 31 2012 at 2:49pm
Sponsored Links

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 5:48am
Whenever I see little bits of breakage, it usually means it's time for a protein tx. However, if you are transitioning and on your way to natural, this is pretty normal. My guess is it's happening right at the most vulnerable point too - the juncture between chemically altered and natural hair. If you think it's too soon to cut off the texlaxed ends, you could always keep it in a PS or roller set to minimize the breakage.

As a rule, I usually get my hair trimmed at least once a yr just to get rid of the ratty ends. I generally get my hair trimmed at a salon but that's because I don't trust myself to not jack up my own hair, lol.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 9:04am
I'm also in the same boat PR how do you feel about your texlaxed hair? I hated mine
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 9:34am
I love my texlaxed hair. I did a protien treatment. I found out that I had teeny split ends. I mean teeny. Other than that u can't really tell the difference btween my texlaxed and natural. I barely left the texturizer on long. I'm not transitioning. I think I will texlax again.   I guess I will trim when I get it profesionally straightened. :P
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 1:04pm
PRnena, is your goal to go all natural or are you just trying to stay away from relaxers?  The trim does sound like the way to go.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 1:11pm
I just want. Long healthy hair. I've gone natural before in 2009 but bleached and shaved it. Last january I big chopped. Then in august I texlaxed but I really don't think it made too much of a difference. I used a 'hair softener' lol. Idk when I'm 'softening' again. But my hair is still really really curly and I most def have a fro. I will post pics at the end of the month. Marking my one year! :D
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 1:30pm
Thanks for answering!  Sounds like what you're doing is working for you.  I was just curious about what your end objective.  Congrats on your 1 yr anniversity. 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 5:14pm
You are so lucky pr my texturized hair is such a mess lol. I'm transitioning now
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply