Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Little Miss Hispanic Delaware loses her crown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

How does one provide documentation of their heritage?Confused
Dead

LOL, srsly though. Did they want her family to get one of those NatGeo tests to prove that she had some Spanish blood? I dont understand!!
That and go on ancestory.com and trace her family to some 19th century haciendas in latin america.LOL

Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 11:49pm
Cute lil girl.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 11:57pm
awwww she's only 7. I hope this doesn't affect her too much.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:11am
Parents must have been mad, leave that little girl alone and pick on someone your own size. Pick on me and see what you get. Ignorant selves.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

The complaints reportedly came from pageant-goers who believed McKoy — who is black and was born in Brooklyn, NY — did not epitomize Latin white beauty, according to Buzzfeed and Latino Rebels.

Ermm and that's the truth.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 6:25am
But "Hispanic" is a culture.  How can you prove that?  If she were white I bet they wouldn't have questioned her..
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 8:07am
So when white people win miss (insert African country here) does that mean they shouldn't? Or when white people win races specifically for black women, does that not count? Remember when the Dominican girl won miss Haiti shortly after the natural disaster? I hate that people wanna pick and choose when it's ok
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

So when white people win miss (insert African country here) does that mean they shouldn't? Or when white people win races specifically for black women, does that not count? Remember when the Dominican girl won miss Haiti shortly after the natural disaster? I hate that people wanna pick and choose when it's ok

Didn't a Haole woman win Miss South Africa last year or in 2011? No one batted an eye...Stern Smile
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 8:41am

Perez said McKoy’s heritage could have been confirmed if it was indicated on her mother’s birth certificate.

“The mother said she didn’t want to go through it,” said Perez.

I wonder if this really was the Mom's response...if my daughter won a title and I was asked to prove something so silly as being latino, I'd be up there with a mariachi bandLOL

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 8:42am

ErmmStern SmileLOL
Quote ‘We can’t have her be the queen if she doesn’t have the proper documentation,’

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic