Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

List Any/All Degrees and Certs You Have

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.09  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 12:45pm
Currently:
BS in Computer Technology
CPhT

Looking into:
MS in RIH/RIT
Cert in MS Office, Software Development, CAPM/PMP, Six Sigma, ITIL, QA
Sponsored Links

KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 12:47pm
B.A. in English Creative Writing
Working on B.S. in American Sign Language Interpreting
Will obtain a Certificate in ASL Interpreting (various levels)Approve
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Anybody made money with a Certified Nurse Assistant/Aide Certificate?

i know a cna who made like 20 per hour straight out of school.... 

i dont think thats common though.. he seems to have great luck with jobs/money.... hes filipino though Sleepy

He probably worked the hell out of his connect.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:02pm
Im working on my BS in Mathematics with a concentration in Statistics.
Then I'm going to grad school for Masters Stats and/or applied math. (most likely stats)
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 2:56pm
Another great question is: If you had it to do all over again, would you pursue the same ends?

Me- "yes and no."

Ridiculous debt loads in your twenties was not a good thing. A profession that's brutal on your personal life. A life spent protecting rich people's billions, intellectual property, real estate, car collections, art collections, etc.,
Not to mention the psychopaths in black robes and the alcoholics in $4000 suits.

If I could do it over, I would have chosen something that invested in the core of people instead of all the crap they accumulate over time.
Despite the money, I should have chosen teaching.

Fuuuuucccccckkkkk!
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Then I'm going to grad school for Masters Stats and/or applied math. (most likely stats)

have you heard of bioinformatics? i took a class on that once that was pretty cool. 
i've seen jobs posted looking for them at some jobs boards i frequent.

actually, have you also considered epidemiology, or another applied math health related science (i'm partial, i knowEmbarrassed)

if i were related to you i'd try to convince you to go for an applied science PhD at a top 10 school for grad school (harvard, upenn, umich, etc). you'd probably have no issues getting in if you keep your GPA up because they wouldn't have to pay for you, there is lots of funding out there for this type of research.

Edited by melikey - Jan 22 2014 at 6:59pm
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 7:42pm
BS Accounting minor in Chemistry
Obtaining CPA
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

have you heard of bioinformatics? i took a class on that once that was pretty cool. 
i've seen jobs posted looking for them at some jobs boards i frequent.

actually, have you also considered epidemiology, or another applied math health related science (i'm partial, i knowEmbarrassed)

if i were related to you i'd try to convince you to go for an applied science PhD at a top 10 school for grad school (harvard, upenn, umich, etc). you'd probably have no issues getting in if you keep your GPA up because they wouldn't have to pay for you, there is lots of funding out there for this type of research.
I've looked into epidemiology but this is my first time hearing about bioinformatics.  To tell you the truth I have no reasonable idea what Im going to do with my life I just like math. I'll definitely keep all your suggestions in mind. But when you say easy to get in, how easy do you mean? Also, Im not sure what an applied science PhD would entail. Is it math-y? I would love to go into a field that is heavy on math and comp sci but I'm not sure about the bio stuff. lol
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 10:37pm

I've looked into epidemiology but this is my first time hearing about bioinformatics.  To tell you the truth I have no reasonable idea what Im going to do with my life I just like math. I'll definitely keep all your suggestions in mind. But when you say easy to get in, how easy do you mean? Also, Im not sure what an applied science PhD would entail. Is it math-y? I would love to go into a field that is heavy on math and comp sci but I'm not sure about the bio stuff. lol

bio isn't that bad. just skip all the animal biology stuff and jump straight to molecular biology. that's what i did. i took a lot of chemistry undergrad though so it might have been easy for me as there is some overlap. in molecular biology you learn about proteins, cells, DNA, etc.. your school might offer a introductory course. science and research is going to continue the trend toward more personalized medicine, using a persons own genetics to diagnose and treat certain diseases, that's where bioinformatics comes in. 

the reason why these schools would consider you a strong candidate is simply the mere fact that you are a qualified minority who is showing interest in the field. most bright minority students go for the highest paying professions first like medicine and law, leaving slim pickings for the schools that would like to see better representation in their graduate programs.
and yes these disciplines will be mathematically intensive. 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 11:08pm
Certificate of Medical Transcription
Associate in Liberal Studies
Associate Degree in Nursing
Working on RN-BSN
Future DNP

Honestly, transcription was the best to me.  Made great money, worked from home and learned SO much.  That's how I knew I wanted to be a practitioner.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic