Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

liquid vinyl as weft sealer??

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: liquid vinyl as weft sealer??
    Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:16pm
Has anyone tried it? I got two tubes on sale for $3.97 from Joann fabrics original price is $8. It says it's a clear strong flexible adhesive...
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:18pm
I would give it a try. Not trying to waste any money on corrupt wefts. But wait what about the fumes? Can they cause effects?
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I would give it a try. Not trying to waste any money on corrupt wefts. But wait what about the fumes? Can they cause effects?

I'm reading up on it now. It "says" the fumes go away after it fully cures. Im definitely going to test this out first on old hair
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:57am
Okay I'm sealing my wefts now and this stuff is amazing. The fumes disappear after a few seconds and it's thick enough not to drip down the hair and allows you to have great control and thin enough to soak down into the weft. It also has a needle thin application tip so that helps. It is clear and looks like nothing is there!! It is a tad bit shiny but I don't think that makes a difference just looks like the weft is wet if that makes sense. And it only takes 45 min to dry. But I'll let it cure for a couple days if not weeks because I still haven't found a stylist good with closures. Where I live people still walk around with that huge hump on top of their head where their beehive is and where their weave is closed up. If I ask or try to tell them about lace closure they look at me like I'm speaking chinese.

Edited by Alisha - Jan 16 2014 at 8:58am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:01am
Thanks for the update.
antish82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antish82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:31pm
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to wash the hair and let us know the results?
Alisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by antish82 antish82 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to wash the hair and let us know the results?

yeah I will. I found a super old thread from 06 where someone used it but said it got tacky after they put water to it on a patch test. But they weren't clear on how long they let it dry before they tried that. It's supposed to be waterproof so I donnot know what will happen or if the formula has changed any since then since it was a while a go. But I will definitely let you ladies know what happens wwhen it's washed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic