Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lipotropic Shots Anyone????

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
WeaveMeDown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeaveMeDown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipotropic Shots Anyone????
    Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 7:58pm
Hello All,

Quick question......Has anyone ever gotten the Lipotropic Shots? Currently I get the b12 shots from Right Weight Doctor in Greenbelt MD. Now they are offering these shots and I  am interested. 

After researching the safety and effectiveness of the shots, I am  somewhat interested! Apparently the shots are a mix of B vitamins and sulfur injections. From  yahoo search:

"Lipotropic injections are a concoction of essential amino acids choline, methionine, and inositol combined with vitamins B6 and B12. This combination of amino acids and vitamins has so many benefits for the body. Choline, an essential nutrient, actively reduces fat in the liver, decreasing chances of heart disease. Methionine, an amino acid responsible for lowering cholesterol and fat reduction in the body, is not produced in our bodies. Inositol is responsible for metabolizing fats and helping transfer those fats to the bloodstream. Inositol also regulates serotonin and insulin in our bodies. This increases mood and decreases hunger. Vitamins B6 and B12 are added to elevate mood, to assist in lipid metabolism, and to increase energy." More info 

Apparently their is a minimal chance of adverse effects; people with sulfur allergies shouldnt  get them. My only concern is that some people have experienced "exhaustion" because their metabolism is through the roof, and their body isn't used to operating at that level....My other concern is that I will lose fat in areas  that I don't want to lose it....(ie A$$,Breasts; im already dealing with this due to my exercise and diet regimen Confused)

So ladies, what are your experiences with the lipotropic shots???? TIA!
Sponsored Links

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:24pm
I have no experience with the lipotropic injections.  I know Colin Watson/HCGDietCoach sells them.  I take Phosphodylcholine and MSM already and supplement with 5HREnergy for my B12.  I'm sure it could benefit you.  You can't spot reduce so if you are losing fat from your breast tissue you can't control that much if any.
WeaveMeDown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeaveMeDown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 11:54am

Thanks for your @missyo67 for your response! I take MSM now for my hair but Im not sure what it does from a diet/weight loss perspective. I may consider the phosophodylcholine as it is an ingredient in the  shot....does it come in pill or shot form???

Also, I considered doing the hcg diet early in 2012 but then the FDA banned it (so i heard!) and I thought the new hcg formula being used was weaker and/or  not as potent as the old  2011 hcg formula...do you know if this is true? I might check the hcg thread around here......

I guess imma have  to just up my strength training to deal with the loss of breast tissue and flabby arms.....Ive lost 50 lbs in about a year....they dont tell  you about those side effects!!

Anyone else heard or tried lipotropic shots?????? More responses please!

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 7:00pm
Good question. My Dr recommended it also.stated it speeds up the metabolism and target fat areas faster. Meaning you can lose inches in those tough to lose areas but I need more input before I say yes.
Brneyez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brneyez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 12:43pm
I bought a package deal of lipotropic shots  w/ A Better Weigh here in Chicago. I didn't become ill or have any side effects. I lost inches but not many pounds. The package deal was becoming kinda expensive (4 shots for $110) so I found a place where I could buy them direct and do it myself.

The cost is about the same but you get double the amount (8 shots) from one bottle. Hard part for me is giving myself the IM shot. Just started the self injections Thursday, so I will keep you posted.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic