FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LinkedIn!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NoHo_MA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NoHo_MA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:12pm
I've found it to be helpful. Several head hunters reached out to me after viewing my profile....I just accepted a job offer last week.
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:18pm
It's worthless to me but that's purely because I treated it as worthless by never using it. LOL
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:31pm
When I was first licensed, I gathered the e-mail addresses of all the nurse supervisors on the floors I wanted to work.  I applied for the position and then e-mailed them letting them know that I had applied including the link to my LinkedIn.  I got hired pretty quickly on a very competitive floor day shift which is almost unheard of for new grads out here.  I highly recommend it.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by NoHo_MA NoHo_MA wrote:

I've found it to be helpful. Several head hunters reached out to me after viewing my profile....I just accepted a job offer last week.

Awesome! Do you mind sharing what field you are in? Also if it is an upper level role?

I've heard these stories a few times and they seem to be tech related, and upper level. Things that are more specialized.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised you never heard of linkeIn dior!

I took a class on networking and resumes and my prof stressed the importance of having one. Since, a lot of people have one, the competition for job postings can be rough. But it can allow you to network and connect with companies online. Also, I was taught that when a company google's your name (most do), you want to have a good internet footprint. So a linkedIn should be the first thing to show up.

no never...sorry...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 9:41pm
i've had a few potential employers request an add on linkedin before the interview.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:13pm

I think I'll make one
It doesn't hurt I guess...do you all get a lot of spam?
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i've had a few potential employers request an add on linkedin before the interview.

This is what I've heard too

Anytime you go for a job interview lots of employers instantly check to see if you have a LinkedIn page...

I also heard that they can discriminate against you if your have a picture up...and they see that you're black..

Edited by ModelessDiva - May 11 2014 at 10:34pm
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:18pm
I have a page but I need to update it.  Can't say its helpful or not just yet.  Since I will be looking for a job I'm going to take it more seriously...
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 11:05pm
what's your major & work experience?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic