BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lil' Kim's new photos with NO MAKEUP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 41>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

This black panamanian chick got called a   , she was like Im not AA.... I swear I wanted to back hand her....

I had a roommate like that.

Her boyfriend was telling black jokes, and we all cussed him out and told her she should be offended.

With a straight face, this b!tch goes, <font size="3" style="color: rgb255, 0, 0;">"I'm not black, I'm Jamaican."

I was beyond disgusted...

I honestly never understood this or heard of people who behaved like this till I joined BHM

Black in America = AA. So in that context, she was right. 

Nope, not in this context.

He is Chinese and was telling us how when black people come into his family's restaurant, his uncle calls them monkeys in Chinese.

Being Jamaican makes that no different. They're not gonna look and say,"Oh she's not a monkey cuz she's Jamaican."
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

So wait, some post a LOL and you go to the N word ????? ErmmStern SmileOuch

Worse when the person who laughed isn't even American.

welp see it here now, melikey seems to be saying y'all have the ownership on the word niqqa so rumb's Panamanian was right. HMPF yes im being facety (facetious)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:03pm
ShadyLady when you add that it makes sense but going by your first post only she was right. she was saying Im not african american im jamaican. If you asked her she would  likely say her race was black for she knows she's of african descent

Again we've had this convo here. It surrounds 1) negro elitism separating "me" from them"- yes many  non AA blacks buy into the stereotypes of AA blacks (from the media) and try to be "the other negro"

2) different concepts of race nationality ethnic groups et al
 3) the rhetoric around "black" and the black experience on this side of the world is dominated by AAs. 
4) wanting to retain a sense of who you are in a strange land.  and yes of course the other side doesnt categorise us they just lump us all under one umbrella (many of us don't appreciate this whether AA, WI, African, LA, new or regla black)

Edited by Diane (35) - Apr 25 2014 at 3:05pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:08pm
oh one of those us vs us threads???

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:20pm
'fro trying not to let it go there. Cause its the same things we end up saying. *shrugs*
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:33pm

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

This black panamanian chick got called a   , she was like Im not AA.... I swear I wanted to back hand her....

I had a roommate like that.

Her boyfriend was telling black jokes, and we all cussed him out and told her she should be offended.

With a straight face, this b!tch goes, <font size="3" style="color: rgb255, 0, 0;">"I'm not black, I'm Jamaican."

I was beyond disgusted...

I honestly never understood this or heard of people who behaved like this till I joined BHM

Black in America = AA. So in that context, she was right. 

Nope, not in this context.

He is Chinese and was telling us how when black people come into his family's restaurant, his uncle calls them monkeys in Chinese.

Being Jamaican makes that no different. They're not gonna look and say,"Oh she's not a monkey cuz she's Jamaican."

Completely agree. I chose to ignore the idiocy of how she took herself out of the equation based on nationality rather than just realising that it definitely applied to her simply because she's black. 

Blacks should be offended by jokes about any "minority" because they will readily come for us next. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

So wait, some post a LOL and you go to the N word ????? ErmmStern SmileOuch

Worse when the person who laughed isn't even American.

welp see it here now, melikey seems to be saying y'all have the ownership on the word niqqa so rumb's Panamanian was right. HMPF yes im being facety (facetious)

Lol nah, I thought it was ironic she is an islander thinking she's throwing the ultimate insult at a AA, meanwhile she's shading someone else from the carribean. I know bajans got more heat for Jamaicans than the n-word. I was disappointed at the misfire tbh.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:43pm
the thing is we dont even factor bajans into the equation (till shanique myrie) but the trinis now thats different lolol. i wont lie i saw a shirley biscuit billboard yesterday and wanted to buy a pack SOO bad but thats Bajan and i boycott their products

yet still they stay friggin each other
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:46pm
I guess she dont look that bad after all......lmao @ the comments in this thread...ya girl seems mad
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:54pm
wait a minute. Why we acting like when one bleaches you stay at the complexion forever? like melanin isnt always being produced? Remember one has to try hard to maintain the colour remember.

Also why we act like bronzer lighting regular sun exposure etc etc doesnt affect complexion and badly matching makeup back in the day that looked "normal" cause the cameras werent HD
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 41>
  Share Topic