Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:21pm
Midna, so you just buy random vitamin C that one can find at the store, crush it and then use half a teaspoon of it?
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Midna, so you just buy random vitamin C that one can find at the store, crush it and then use half a teaspoon of it?

No no, it has to be pure. You buy any ol' vitamin c supplement and I promise you're not getting vitamin c at its purest. Hell, you might not even be getting actual L-Ascorbic acid but maybe a derivative like Ascorbyl Palmitate. You might be getting preservatives and silicates which is not what you're looking for.

It has to be PURE L-ASCORBIC ACID POWDER. Period.

There are crystals you can get too but I ultimately recommend powder purely because it's far easier to work with and likely will not recrystallize in the solution.

This is the powder I buy: http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-L-ascorbic-powder-pure--1-8oz/dp/B005VEE5YM/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1388012557&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=l-ascorbic+acid+powder

Only 8 bucks! It's pure, it's ultrafine powder, and most importantly, it's effective.

At the amount I make weekly, and this being 1.8oz, this is worth 10.8- roughly 11 teaspoons.

Since I use .5 teaspoons per week at this concentration, I use 2 teaspoons per month. 11 divided by 2 equals 5.5 so this alone is good for 5 and a half months and that's only from buying an $8 cup of powder. Big smile

WAAAY more cost effective than using some overly expensive $20+ vitamin c serum that probably oxidized by the time it got to your doorstep!

Excluding the cost of water, the cost of making this per month would be $1.45! Big smile

Edited by Midna - Dec 25 2013 at 5:16pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Jewels, here's the old thread if you want to read more info. The ladies had some good recipes in this thread. I've been a user for about a year now and I'm officially hooked lol.

Recommendations for Vitamin C for Face

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/recommendations-for-vitamin-c-for-face_topic350332_page1.html

I read that whole thread and checked out all the links. The EDS forum was filled with good tips.

A list of DYI recipes for any skin problem:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Midna have you used the serum on your face for fading scars, getting an even skin tone? If so, how long did it take for you to see results?

YES. Approve I use my own little vitamin c toner on my face EVERY DAY often twice a day and my skin looks so nice and even! Seriously, daily use of vitamin c has transformed my skin. Clap My makeup goes on far better, there is a glow to my skin, and even without makeup, you look pretty damn amazing. Clap

I have some recent hyperpigmentation  from recent pimple scars (I can't help myself, they're begging to be picked!) but those suckers lighten far quicker thanks to vitamin C!

I would also make my own vitamin c spray to spray on my body after showers for a little while and for the time that I did it, my body's skin felt and looked amazing! I didn't continue purely because my L-Ascorbic acid powder would have ran out much quicker than it needed to.

Vitamin C is a huge boost in lessening the appearance of dark spots and evening your skin tone for sure. My top two recommendations in evening one's skin tone are chemical peels and vitamin c. Nothing compares. Big smile

Yay! I can't wait to start making my own serum.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123