Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:45am
So yall after reading and stalking Rummy's threads and post the lactic acid really does work. Everywhere that is dark. I scrub my face and my lips with that pink mitt. It taste nasty if you mistakenly lick it but I put vaseline on top of it. So my face and my lips are all 1 color.

OP you gotta exfoliate dem lips boo. Anything mixed with lemon or lime lightens your skin.
Sponsored Links

Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 10:11am
I use palmers coco butter swivel stick with Vit E......I puff, this helps my lips from getting dark. I'll have to try lemon exfoliate and see how that works.

Edited by Sleek - Dec 25 2013 at 10:37am
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 10:25am
I call those obama lips. He has the same kind I reeeally wanna try lactic acid. Suga you just scrub it on? Nothing mixed?
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Sweet how long did it take you to start seeing results & did you fresh lemons or concentrate?

It took me about a month and I would use it 4x a week at night. It made my lips lighter...I would say more pinkish/reddish. I used a fresh lemon.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I call those obama lips. He has the same kind I reeeally wanna try lactic acid. Suga you just scrub it on? Nothing mixed?

I use that kojic acid soap on my face and lips and rub my whole face with the lactic acid. The lactic acid exfoliates the top layer of your dead skin. Then I put vaseline ontop so I wont lick it by mistake when I sleep. take a hot towel and swipe your top lip. The dead skin will smooth right off and it will start lightening up. 

You guy remember I told you that I have a dark top lip that gets on my nerves when I wear makeup? I started using this product called maxi-peel 1 exfoliant on my top lip. Yall everything is even and no longer dark.

Edited by sugabanana - Dec 25 2013 at 11:24am
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 12:26pm
I have this problem but only on the corner of my lips. The corners got SO dark after I got braces. Theyve been off for three years now but nothing has helped. I wonder what would happen if I did this.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Midna have you used the serum on your face for fading scars, getting an even skin tone? If so, how long did it take for you to see results?

YES. Approve I use my own little vitamin c toner on my face EVERY DAY often twice a day and my skin looks so nice and even! Seriously, daily use of vitamin c has transformed my skin. Clap My makeup goes on far better, there is a glow to my skin, and even without makeup, you look pretty damn amazing. Clap

I have some recent hyperpigmentation  from recent pimple scars (I can't help myself, they're begging to be picked!) but those suckers lighten far quicker thanks to vitamin C!

I would also make my own vitamin c spray to spray on my body after showers for a little while and for the time that I did it, my body's skin felt and looked amazing! I didn't continue purely because my L-Ascorbic acid powder would have ran out much quicker than it needed to.

Vitamin C is a huge boost in lessening the appearance of dark spots and evening your skin tone for sure. My top two recommendations in evening one's skin tone are chemical peels and vitamin c. Nothing compares. Big smile
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

thanks Minda. So what exactly are the measurements? the Vit c powder & water?

Depends on the concentration you're looking to make and exactly how much you want to make.

For sure, my measurement unit in making these toners are teaspoons. I like to just make toners instead of serums with simple water for its cost effectiveness and ability for me to tell if my solution has oxidized/gone bad.

I put my solutions into a tinted 1oz amber glass bottle so my solutions are small and fresh. For a 15% solution, I usually make a mix of .5 LAA powder and 2.5 teaspoons of water making the entire solution consist of 3 teaspoons. This gives me a concentration of 16% and it's just right for me right now until I move up to 20% soon.

This amount fills up about half my bottle which lasts me a week. Big smile

If you want an easy way to calculate the necessary amounts, simply get a percent calculator and play around with the amounts!

Assuming you are new to vitamin c topical use, a 5% solution would require 1 teaspoon of LAA and 20 teaspoons of water. That's quite a lot so to go for a much smaller amount, a 5% concentration would require .5 teaspoon of LAA and 10 teaspoons of water. Much more reasonable. Different amounts, same concentration!

Wherever you store your vitamin c, make sure it's in an airtight container that blocks out light. Keep your solution out of light and oxygen. It should last a week before you need more unless you add preservatives to make it last a little longer like vitamin e or ferulic acid.

Because 5% is quite weak, it may take a little longer for effective results. But I saw amazing results in only a month when I started out at a measly 10% so I won't say fantastic progress at that concentration is impossible.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 3:28pm
Jewels, here's the old thread if you want to read more info. The ladies had some good recipes in this thread. I've been a user for about a year now and I'm officially hooked lol.

Recommendations for Vitamin C for Face

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/recommendations-for-vitamin-c-for-face_topic350332_page1.html

eta: hope you're having a good holiday.

Edited by PurplePhase - Dec 25 2013 at 3:29pm
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:14pm
Thanks so much Purp & Minda...I have some reading to do. I hope you're having a wonderful holiday as well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>