Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lightening Dark Lips *UPDATED* with lip pictures
    Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:42am
On your face...LOL (I know some of you be all in the gutter LOLLOL)

I have a permanent cast on my lips which I've always had. However over the years its gotten a lot darker. I know this might sound crazy to most, but I never sought out lip balm with spf in it at all. In fact I've been using blistex (below) for years. Well this past summer I was in the sun a lot and I noticed that my lips are getting even darker. I would like to lighten my lips up a little because the line from my inner lip & my outer lip is extremely noticeable.

Anyone have any suggestions or are having the same issue?

I'm using this now which has spf 15 in it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about this...LOL. I felt a little strange even making a post, so thanks for the support ladies.

I thought it would be a little easier to understand what I'm saying if I posted pictures of the issue.

The 1st is with room light the other is natural light.

I don't smoke/never smoked.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Dec 25 2013 at 9:59am
Sponsored Links

sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:55am
Ugh...Chris Bosh looks like Earthworm Jim

So distracting LOL.

I made a lip scrub with lemon juice and that really helped with lightening my lips

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 5:18am
Sweet how long did it take you to start seeing results & did you fresh lemons or concentrate?
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 5:22am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

Ugh...Chris Bosh looks like Earthworm Jim

So distracting LOL.

yeah i couldnt even read the op. lol @ earthworm jimLOL
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 6:53am
For a Quick fix you can put concealer on before applying lipgloss.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 6:56am
On skin care talk they said a lactic acid peel on your lips work
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 8:20am
Vitamin C has been doing my lips a world of wonders!

Please don't use that lemon juice crap. Yes, citric fruits have vitamin c but you're ultimately putting citric acid on them which is not powerful enough to effectively reverse sun damage and will only make you more sensitive to the sun and thus more sensitive to hyperpigment.

Use vitamin c on your skin. Get some L-Ascorbic acid powder, make your own little Vitamin C serum or toner, and use it on your skin every day. You'll see dramatic results even in just a month.

If you aren't used to vitamin c, start out making 5% solutions. Work your way up to 20% and go no higher!

I bit my lips a LOT this year due to them flaking and thus had crazy darkening. Even a couple spots were really bad. But now after making my own vit c toners, my lips are actually the color of my face and putting on foundation on my skin no longer makes me look like I have smoker lips.

Just use pure vitamin c on your lips. You can do chem peels too but I think vit c is more gentle since you're doing this daily and vitamin c stays in the skin for about three days. Building up the vitamin c in your skin will do wonders for your complexion.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 8:45am
Midna have you used the serum on your face for fading scars, getting an even skin tone? If so, how long did it take for you to see results?
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:33am
thanks Minda. So what exactly are the measurements? the Vit c powder & water?
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:33am
My bottom lip is like that I use to get made fun of for smoking weed even before I smoked!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>