Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Light skinned vs. darkskinned on the gossip game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Light skinned vs. darkskinned on the gossip game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 7:12am
I'm dark. I don't have a problem saying it. Other people call me brown, but I self identify as dark.
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 8:01am
Bhm is so fcuking color struck
rayrayxox View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rayrayxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 8:05am
light skinned dark skinned i'm hungry somebody fry me chicken

this whole skin color obsession the equivalent of warts in old yt womens butt holes

that's all i have to say on the matter

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 8:05am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Well I'm clearly brown skin but if I have to be light or dark skin, I guess im light skin.

ill be the judge of that.
my inbox is open for pics.. lol

I've decided to self identify as the color of my breast, that shall be my true color! Joe forbid to me show my nudes to anyone but him Ouch

Light Brites unite!
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

when will the color-struckeness end? I wonder if white people label themselves as ghost, pale, peach, red, tanned or burnt!

Yes and blond/blue means a lot to them also.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by lovelove lovelove wrote:

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

when will the color-struckeness end? I wonder if white people label themselves as ghost, pale, peach, red, tanned or burnt!

As long as the white beauty myth is alive it will never end.There are those individuals who are truly dark skin who consider themselves brown because they don't want to be labeled as dark."Dark," has a negative connotation to many people within the black community,so they don't want to be associated with it.

That's true and sad really, and it seems like its negative when it comes to black females. And what I hate is when darkskin black males say negative things about darkskin black females. I'm like have they never looked in the mirror. It the pot calling the kettle black effect!
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:29am
Dark skin women are always compared to wesley snipes I would be mad too, it just seems so negative.
rayrayxox View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rayrayxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:38am
but dark skinned women should stop getting offended. if someone doesn't think any female with dark skin can be beautiful then s/he is clearly dumb & ignorant so why you care what they think?

I've seen so many gorgeous dark skinned women. And if you go on youtube you can see some of them clearly KNOW it. They're not stupid enough to buy into the 'dark is ugly' notion because the evidence that it's false is right there in the mirror.

Too many people place too much importance on sheer stupidity.

Edited by rayrayxox - May 15 2013 at 9:42am
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by rayrayxox rayrayxox wrote:

but dark skinned women should stop getting offended. if someone doesn't think any female with dark skin can be beautiful then s/he is clearly dumb & ignorant so why you care what they think?

I've seen so many gorgeous dark skinned women. And if you go on youtube you can see some of them clearly KNOW it. They're not stupid enough to buy into the 'dark is ugly' notion because the evidence that it's false is right there in the mirror.

Too many people place too much importance to sheer stupidity.

Why is this logic not applied when white people make it a point to exclude black people period (magazines, runways, TV shows, etc) because they don't find us attractive..why are dark skinned women supposed to just get over it...

It's not just individual people either. The majority of the world has fallen into this line of thinking. I think we have reason to be offended.

rayrayxox View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrayxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by rayrayxox rayrayxox wrote:

Too many people place too much importance to sheer stupidity.

Why is this logic not applied when white people make it a point to exclude black people period (magazines, runways, TV shows, etc) because they don't find us attractive..why are dark skinned women supposed to just get over it...

It's not just individual people either. The majority of the world has fallen into this line of thinking. I think we have reason to be offended.

if the majority of the world has this mindset then the majority of the world is ignorant then.
don't forget the power of media brainwashing.
you can't change it you need to accept it and deal with it.
i used to spend time on predominantly white forums and the guys would always say horrible things about bw and that no pure black girl is beautiful and other b.s
it did hurt me at the time
now i know they're just dumb
a lot of people are ignorant and narrow minded
let them continue to have that mindset
don't be a sheep like the rest and have the power to actually think intelligently

i could go into the historical context - white colonialism, the lighter the better blah blah but man i'm tired. been a tough day had really bad period pains.

Edited by rayrayxox - May 15 2013 at 9:56am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678