Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Light skinned vs. darkskinned on the gossip game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Light skinned vs. darkskinned on the gossip game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 11:26pm
i'm purple with green polka dots
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

My cousin shaded me because I called her dark but added that she was pretty. 
She felt that it was an underhanded compliment. I left that alone because I couldn't speak on what I truly meant; she's pretty which odd because her mother and sisters are NOT. Stern Smile
So you basically told her she was pretty for a darkskin girl? If that's not what you meant, you thats how it probably came off.
IA. 'Dark but pretty'. Girl I would've shaded you too tbh fwiw ijs.

Edited by carolina cutie - May 13 2013 at 11:31pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

My cousin shaded me because I called her dark but added that she was pretty. 
She felt that it was an underhanded compliment. I left that alone because I couldn't speak on what I truly meant; she's pretty which odd because her mother and sisters are NOT. Stern Smile
So you basically told her she was pretty for a darkskin girl? If that's not what you meant, you thats how it probably came off.
I prefer her to think I gave her an underhanded compliment than for her to know how shocked I am at her beauty because she came from a very unattractive mother and her sisters are unattractive also.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 11:52pm
but how did her skin color come into the conversation?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Is this her? She dark skin.

what is her name?  
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 12:08am
Chocolate Black people look so damn silly denying that their skin tone isn't dark on the human skin tone gamut

Even Beyonce is "dark" to most people. Silly convo
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 12:08am
Let the girl be brown aint like she lying
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Hello Wonderland. . . Not sure if you're reffering to me however my cousin is the darker one in her family but she's the only one who is pretty. 
She mentioned to me that her sisters refer to her as "darkie" I told her she was dark and lovely and I can't say the same for her sisters. She misunderstood me but I'm not about to explain myself.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:02am

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Hello Wonderland. . . Not sure if you're reffering to me however my cousin is the darker one in her family but she's the only one who is pretty. 
She mentioned to me that her sisters refer to her as "darkie" I told her she was dark and lovely and I can't say the same for her sisters. She misunderstood me but I'm not about to explain myself.

see there you go again, why is there a "but" thereLOL
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:03am
I dont go by the "global" skin tone scale, because that's the same scale that will tell you that Halle Berry and Beyonce are dark skinned (ex. makeup brands)

I dont see someone who's like the same color as Megan Good, Kerry Washington, Trey songz being dark skinned.

I go by the black skin tone scale. If you have people like Kid from Kid n Play and Wesley Snipes, than a brown skin person in the middle of that is not light or dark, they are just medium
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic