Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Life Support...Could you Pull the Plug?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 9:23pm
My family had this discussion years ago. Everybody said they'd pull the plug on me so I will pull the plug on them, no questions asked.and anyways if they experienced severe brain damage there's a big chance that if they do recover, they will never be the same and then you'll have to live with and take care of a ghost and you'll be stressed out and hurt. I've seen it happen. I'm sorry, but even if I'm not brain dead but am completely paralyzed I would want somebody to just end it because I don't think I'd have a good quality of life. I would just be trapped in my body, with noone to properly take care of me or braid my hair
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 10:49pm
If there was little to no chance the person would not come out of it, yes.  I have stated many times that if I were brain dead or I was in a coma and had less than a 50% chance of coming out of it, I would want my family to pull the plug.  They were not too thrilled about that and insisted I get a living will.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 11:20pm
Yeah
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:58am
my father had to do this to his nephew in Richmond,  VA...he had no problem doing it and my father lives all the way up here in PA...his nephew was around 57 or 58..the other relatives down there couldn't do it...he gave the ok and that was it...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:07am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

So my question is...receiving confirmation that all brain activity is gone, would you be able to pull the plug on your loved one?
Of course, I pray that no one has to make that decision.

To answer, yes-- unless previously/legally directed otherwise by the person in question. I feel that if someone I loved couldn't be at the same or mostly independent level of functioning, I gotta let them go. To keep that way would be more for my selfish hopes of having them back.

This includes me. I have it clearly stated that if things like brain death or a persistent vegetative state should occur, it's a wrap. I am now a shell. Harvest my organs and cut the machines. Don't let me suffer. I'm gone and will hope to see you on the other side.

^^^^^alluh dat.  I made it known to friends and fams that I am not to be held here.  take my insurance money, cremate me and and celebrate my ascension.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:15am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Yes, I could do it and my mom and aunt really annoyed me over Christmas when we were talking about this. I told her if I'm ever in that situation, pull the plug. I told them that we need to know where everyone in the family stands on it so there's little to debate later on...mom avoided answering and my aunt flat out said to keep her on. I feel that's selfish. Who is going to handle the day to day for you to be a vegetable for months, possibly years? It's just going to cause unnecessary emotional stress watching her like that...not to mention the cost. When it's over for you, it's over. They need to let that girl rest in peace. She's been brain dead for weeks.

This has crossed my mind.  I wouldn't want to be a burden...financial or otherwise.  It sounds good/PC/proper to say that folks will take care of people hand and foot out of love but...I wouldn't want to see my loved ones in that manner nor would I want someone to have to take care of me like that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic