BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life for God

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:36pm
Gurl

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I am saved but I am a pathological backslider.  I definitely need to get back right with the Lord but through it all, He still continues to bless me.
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

For those who are saved and have chosen to live a Christian lifestyle, what helped you to make  your decision? what were the hardest changes you had to make? What are the benefits you feel living for God

Just realized that I didn't formally answer the OP.

1. I'm really not a 'Christian', I'm a believer who didn't do away with the Old Testament.

Well like I said, I've always had an active relationship with God, and I was raised in a home that encouraged analytical and critical thinking, so as I became a teenager and life happened, I had some questions for God. Those questions led to me digging for answers. I was honestly looking for answers instead of reasons to disprove God's existence, which is what I find a lot of people do. Anyway..

2. What helped me to make my decision was the truth that I found, coupled with the truth that I'd lived so far, along with this feeling...like a magnet pulling my heart. Like someone knocking on my heart every day. It is all I thought about...I was drawn to it. God literally called me to truth and I couldn't resist.

3. The hardest change I had to make was to stop relying on my own understanding, and denying the ego. A lot of Christian churches don't touch this subject, but the truth is, one cannot have a true relationship with the God of Israel and have an ego at the same time. We're not perfect, but we have to be conscious and honest about ourselves.

4. I answered what the benefits are for me in my other post.
I was honestly looking for answers instead of reasons to disprove God's existence, which is what I find a lot of people do.Heart
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

I am saved but I am a pathological backslider.  I definitely need to get back right with the Lord but through it all, He still continues to bless me.
WOW that was very honest about yourself.
It's definitely something that I'm working on. 
Promiseualways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Promiseualways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:51pm
Thanks to all who have posted! Your stories are enlightening as well as encouraging. I also have many reasons that brought me to except Yahweh into my life. One of the reasons is the mercy and grace He gives me everyday. Knowing that I'm a human born into sin but Him accepting me, loving me, and comforting me make me want to serve Him and to be a witness of His love. I have learned to be grateful each and everyday for what I have. I've learned patience, forgiveness, and endurance. I now have peace and joy!! All praise to Elohim!!
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

WOW that was very honest about yourself.
It's definitely something that I'm working on. 
Well we all are working progress! I got the holy sprited in the spring of 2011 but still working on myself.
greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:55pm
Praise God !!! Thank you Jesus!
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 7:32am
Cosign, the person who wrote I don't look like what I've been through.

I cannot believe how God has answered my many prayers and I'm still struggling to convince myself that I deserve the blessings... Man can make you feel so unworthy of God's love and mercy and that is my battle right now
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:54am
my husband and i got saved together. we always knew that we eventually wanted to live for God but we also wanted to do us which meant shacking up, drinking, etc.

A series of very emotional and life changing events sort of just lead us to him. it was definitely time though. when God calls you there is no running and hiding. Its like a magnetic force.

Im soo glad we experienced this journey together. We know how to be patient with each other and love unconditionally the way God loves us. We have even been able to really help some married couples who have come to us for advice.

The road hasnt been easy but life in general isnt easy. i have a peace and joy even in the midst of pain, loss struggles etc that keeps me pushing forward.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

I grew up in church so I've always known that I needed to live right, at times in my life I chose not to. One Sunday I went to church with my parents and I really enjoyed the service and the message hit home, I decided to start going back to church that day. Hardest change was switching to gospel music. Benefits are Im happier, more at peace, and I used to have a fear of death but now I know without a doubt that Im going to heaven.

This.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:17am
God has shown great mercy in my life. I been through thick and thin and he has always told me he got my back. It may sometimes seem like his answers are taking forever but he knows what he is doing. He always takes long because he has to put everything in alignment for the course to be smoother for me. I always look at myself as not lucky but blessed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic