BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Coaches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Life Coaches
    Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 6:14am
I feel like I am in a rut and a life coach may be able to get me moving. Has anyone used a life coach? Any pointers? I would like to use one who has some academic credentials and not just a certification. What was your experience? Good? Bad? I am hoping the academic credentials will enable me to use my health insurance to pay for this so that is another reason why academic credentials and licensing are important to me. 
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 6:47am
Nope I watch one on tv
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 6:48am
Read a book.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Read a book.

Not good enough. I have a lot of books. Need someone to hold my feet to the fire to do the work.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:00pm
There are many crooks out there playing life coach. I have never hired a life coach, neither would I consider hiring one because I think what they do is to help you discover yourself and your potential, and since that is all within you, you can do it yourself.

But, back to your questions, before hiring anyone, you need to know if they are successful on what they do, how they help their clients (some of them just make you repeat mantras and meditate, which is lame, you might as well buy the book "The secret" and learn to meditate), how available they are to help you, how long they are committed to help you change your life, etc.

I get why you want someone with a degree and not only a certificate. I met once a life coach and only two or three dates with him was enough to know that he was full of sh!t; he wouldn't let me talk, all he would talk about was that he could do anything, that anything was possible, that he would write daily his blessings, etc, yet he worked as a yoga instructor most of his time. Life coaching is a side job, and only the ones who work for celebrities or rich and bored housewives make big money.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:17pm
You should write down all your good and bad qualities and ask those who really know you (friends and family) about your weaknesses and strengths, and work on your weak points.
Books can help you, but you would have to spend some time at the bookstore, reading a couple paragraphs from each chapter to see if that book can help you.
A book that I find really good is "The five major pieces to the life puzzle" by Jim Roth. The book has dog ears everywhere, and I have a few excerpts for you:

Our goals and ambitions of the past are bringing to us present rewards. If our current rewards are small, then our past efforts were small. And if today's efforts are small, the future rewards will be small as well.

We cannot move casually into a better future. We cannot casually pursue the goal we have set for ourselves. A goal that is casually pursued is not a goal; at best it is a wish, and wishes are little more than self-delusion.

We all say that we want to succeed, but sooner or later, our level of activity must equal our level of intent.

Every time we choose to do less than we could, has an effect on our self-confidence. Repeated every day, we soon find ourselves not only doing less than we should, but also being less than we could.

For things to change, we must change.

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:25pm
I agree. Most life coaches are bs. 

If you need motivation, a book could do the same thing. Or listening to Eric Thomas on youtube. His "Thank God its Monday" videos are really good. 

What a life coach is essentially give you motivation talks. 

However, if you are looking for direction in particular area in your life. If you need career advice, like you are trying to get ahead...a coach could be much more helpful than a mentor. 

Or if you are trying to start a business, have a business coach is way to go. I have a business coach who is EXCELLENT! She doesn't motivate me but she eliminates problems and provides connections. WARNING: There are A LOT of life coaches that say they can help with businesses too, NOT! A business coach should have direct experience and should have reached the levels (gone beyond) the levels you want to reach. If you want to be self employed as a virtual assistant, your coach should have had a virtual company, managing hundreds of VAs. This applies to whatever you're trying to do. 

If you need someone to "hold your feet to fire" you are not ready to make the next move in life....and a life coach would just waste your money.

Take some time off, go on a vacation, do whatever to clear you head and get moving. This is your life and you can do whatever you want. Don't feel tied down to a job, where you live, who your with...whatever. If you don't like how your life is going, change it.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:32pm
Do you go to church? I know some churches have life coach ministries for members these days
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:35pm
I know you said you have lots of books but do you have these two?  They're on point.

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

There are many crooks out there playing life coach. I have never hired a life coach, neither would I consider hiring one because I think what they do is to help you discover yourself and your potential, and since that is all within you, you can do it yourself.

But, back to your questions, before hiring anyone, you need to know if they are successful on what they do, how they help their clients (some of them just make you repeat mantras and meditate, which is lame, you might as well buy the book "The secret" and learn to meditate), how available they are to help you, how long they are committed to help you change your life, etc.

I get why you want someone with a degree and not only a certificate. I met once a life coach and only two or three dates with him was enough to know that he was full of sh!t; he wouldn't let me talk, all he would talk about was that he could do anything, that anything was possible, that he would write daily his blessings, etc, yet he worked as a yoga instructor most of his time. Life coaching is a side job, and only the ones who work for celebrities or rich and bored housewives make big money.

I have to agree. Even though I took about 100 hrs. of Life Coaching before I graduated, to me the whole Life Coaching thing is....meh. I just didn't feel comfortable sitting there asking the person a bunch of probing questions to get them to find answers that they can pretty much do on their own.

Plus, they charge ridiculous amounts of money. It's just not worth it. Sometimes, in order to get our lives in order, all that is needed is eliminating the things that are hindering your growth and get rid of things that are not serving you. And only YOU know what those are.

It's about being COMPLETELY honest with yourself and having the determination and drive to get your path clear and get your life moving forward again. But as I said, it takes a LOT of openness on YOUR part. And that's where plenty of us run into stagnation.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic