FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Licorice Herb for Hair Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Licorice Herb for Hair Growth
    Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 12:50am
Have you guys tried or even heard about the benefits of licorice herb/root for hair growth and scalp treatment? I've taken a look at the research, which is good...but I've also read a lot about the risks, so I'm skeptical. Anyone can vouch on this product? http://riarankine.hubpages.com/hub/The-Power-of-Licorice-Healthy-Hair-Benefits
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 12:02pm
Honestly this is news to me.  I usually hear that licorice is good for the liver and some gastrointestinal issues.  Never have I heard anything for the hair.  Do you happen to have source regarding that licorice is good for hair growth?  Not coming at you but just wanted to educate myself because there are so many herbs that has benefits for practically everything for the body.  Herbs I heard that was good for hair is fo-ti, horsetail (because it contains high amounts of silica), I want to say stinging nettles but don't quote me on that, rosemary, amla, bhringraj, neem, and loads of others.  Again I must stress this is not a comprehensive list but stuff I recalled from the top of my head.  Some of the herbs/supplements also are useful in scalp issues.
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 5:56pm
I didn't know all of those herbs were good for hair growth. I'll have to look into them.

I supplied a link in the original post that shows the benefits. I also did research and found a lot of discussion on a hair care forum that claimed it might be harmful in certain doses. I'm still going to give it a try.

I like to go the natural route with topical hair products. Stuff like megatek just don't work for me. I just want good a good scalp treatment because a healthy scalp equals more growth. that's my main focus, which is why i'm interested in licorice hair products.

Thanks for replying!

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:20am
 "Frankfurt, Germany —A study using glycyrrhizic acid, the herbal extract from licorice, proves to beeffective in halting hair growth in rats....Results showed that hair loss was visible as early as three days after the first treatment application of the solution, and after six to 12 days of treatment, the targeted skin was nearly free of hairs without any sign of skin irritation or other unwanted side effects."

So according to this study, licorice will make you go bald!!!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 04 2013 at 9:36am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:31am
Wow I really need some rest.  The link was right in my face and if it was a snake it would have bit meLOL
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 3:00pm
That's an interesting read. But strange, because from the LHC thread, the women were raving about how it moisturized their hair and healed soar scalp. So now I'm just confused. But I really want to try it, so I'll buy the licorice root scalp elixir from the article. I liked the reviews...but then again, I guess they wouldn't show the negative reviews anyway.

I'll be purchasing and after a week I'll offer feedback. I'm desperate for natural staples in my hair care routine.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic