Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedLF Newbies/Members Compiled Thr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2007 at 5:09pm
this is a post i did b/c of too much product build up and its helpful for your natural hair to be able to hold moisture while wearing these units.. so:

there are many clarifying shampoo's on the market in the drugs store i even think suave has one that's very inexpensive.. with the ACV i use it straight on my natural hair, my momma use to use it as a rise when i was growing up... some dilute it with water.. i use 1/2 cup and pour it on massage it in and rise it out, and the secret is to rise it with cool water b/c it seals the cuticles...no shampooing afterwards.. 

the ACV is really deeper than you think for your own hair care, b/c it restores the porosity which is the measure of the hair's ability to absorb moisture...this is determined by the condition of the hair's cuticle layer (the overlapping scales of the hair shaft), and is rated as low, normal, and high. In normal, healthy hair, the cuticle is compact and inhibits the penetration of the hair shaft by moisture both moisture going in, and moisture coming out...when the cuticle is overly compact and prevents the penetration of the hair by moisture it has low porosity..to determine the porosity of your hair, simply feel it both when wet and when dry...if the hair feels straw like and rough when dry, or if it feels gummy or slightly rubbery when wet, then you probably have a problem with overly porous hair... if your hair is taking days to airdry. then your hair is good...No...it's Great, that means it's in really good condition....think of a sponge with holes in it...these holes would be called pores..when the sponge is fresh and new, it is able to absorb a good amount of water and hold the moisture inside very well..as the sponge ages, the pores (holes) become distorted, widen, and lose shape...these changes make the sponge super absorbent, yet less able hold the moisture it once could...the older sponge is said to be more porous or have greater porosity than the new sponge..

porous means that your your cuticles are raised, allowing more product to enter...cuticles raised is a bad thing, it makes your hair tangly, it makes your hair frizzy.. and it makes your hair act badly..hair mats up like dog fur when it's like this...what I read is that your hair's PH balance is out of wack, i think your hair becoming more acid, therefore raising the cuticle. Porosity control by Roux is a Ph balancing conditioner.... so anyone at any point can use it if their hair's Ph goes off, just by using daily styling products...even shampoo will throw your hair's Ph off...anyway...if your hair holds water, and dries evenly hours later, your hair is in great condition...my hair is now soaking up water and holding it like a sponge and that's what we really need wearing these units for weeks at a time.. i use porosity control conditioner by roux and they have a shampoo as well you can find at the BSS... you could use these products on both the unit and your natural hair.. after my AVC rise i use the porosity control conditioner so i dont' smell like vinger..lol we need to be able to keep our hair and the units hair moist, for our natural hair the only way to obtain length and stop breakage is by being able to keep our hair moist so its very important...

Sponsored Links

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2007 at 6:52pm
THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL THREAD PLEASE DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD

this is a link about dominican hair products for lf's units.

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2007 at 7:13pm
KELLSTOUCH ANOTHER COLOR EXPERT POSTING: thanks GURL! Wink

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2007 at 10:15pm

Invisi Bond Application Front Hairline

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKcB3VYu9ps   (Step 1)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRXCX2x99HU   (Step 2)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7kO8S4I9w8g   (Step 3)

Invisi Bond Application Back Hair line

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rcT0RJhPW8g   (Step 1)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6RzssWbfAM  (Step 2)

eta:  found by SongBirdSoul & Thanks to tatee32

Edited by QueenBee - Jun 09 2007 at 10:31pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2007 at 6:19pm
Ok Thank you QUEENBEE, but you shoulda been posting your own post...LOL cuz i think we got all the youbetubes there are already!! but your's on the 10 Commandments was much more important!!!!!

LIKE THIS ONE:

The link http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-Lace-Front-Wigs-Online_W0QQugidZ10000000001296234?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:4

Buying LF Wigs Online

Thank you for taking the time to read our guide. We hope that we can provide you with tips on purchasing the best lace front wig and help you avoid disappointments, scams and costly mistakes.

The 10 Commandments to Follow When Buying Lace Front Wigs Online

1. Thou shall find out how long the seller has been in business and if they do indeed make or order their wigs elsewhere. Many sellers purchase their wigs overseas from mass produced shops. They gather your measurements and then ship them off to the foreign shops to be created. This can be a bit risky since most foreign suppliers focus on quantity and not quality which could result in a poorly made unit that only last for a few weeks to a month. Also if there is a mistake with your custom unit then the wig will have to be sent back for repairs which will take even longer. Make sure you know what your sellers policies are in the event that your wig comes back with defects or errors.
  2. Thou shall ask the seller for references Many lace front sellers keep a compiled list of references for potential customers interested in purchasing a unit but would like to contact past customers first. Ebay feedback is great for viewing customers remarks about the sellers wigs.
  3. Thou shall be leary of 0 and private feedbacks.  Zero feedback doesn't mean that the seller is not legit. To be on the safe side request references or ask if they have any sample photos of their actual work. A lot of sellers use private feedbacks which means no one can view what is being said about their items. This is a red flag for most when ordering such a personal, costly item.
  4. Thou shall do your own research. Make sure that you are fully educated on lace front wigs before making the decision to purchase one.  Talk with others who wear & sell lace front wigs.Applying a lace front wig is an art within itself so get educated on the pros and cons of these wigs.
  5. Thou shall ask thyself if the price is reasonable A decent price for a lace front is hard to determine since people value their products at different levels. If the seller makes their own lace fronts and does not order wholesale then the price will be higher usually ranging from $500-$1,000 depending on length. It takes 40-60 hours for highly experienced wig makers to create a full hand-tied wig. Find out what others are paying for their wigs and the quality of the wig.
  6. Thou shall  request photos of the actual wig or photos of the sellers work Don't settle for celebrity photos on stock units. Matter of fact, don't settle for celebrity photos at all, not unless they are being used to compare their actual wig against a celebrities to show similarities. Reputable sellers do not use copyrighted celebrity photos to solely endorse their product. 1.) The celebrity in the photo may not even be wearing a lace front 2.) If they are, it is theft and misrepresentation of someone elses work and not that of the seller (unless noted that  it is indeed their work)  If you want to view the wig from a different angle ask the seller for a photo of the wig from that angle. Don't be hesitant to request the pictures you will need in order to make a decision to purchase. Most sellers will be more than happy to accomodate your wishes.
  7. Thou shall be sure the seller will offer after-purchase customer service. Customer service is big when purchasing a lace front wig. You may need help after you recieve your wig. Be sure to order from a seller that will offer you after service support and responds fast and professionally to all your request.
  8. Thou shall know the sellers policy. Be sure to read the entire ebay listing and make yourself familiar with their return policy and the way unsatisfactory is handled. If you are not confident the wig will fit, either ask for assistance on measuring your head or don't purchase the unit. Most sellers do not offer a refund which means you may get stuck with a unit that doesn't fit.
  9. Thou shall make sure the lace front wig comes with a guide Any product should come with a guide of use and care. Lace front wigs are no exception. Make sure that your wig comes with a guide that tells you how to apply, remove and take basic care of your unit.
  10. Thou shall remember the signs of danger. Be leary of sellers who do not respond to messages, stress immediate payment over and over again in their listing, does not have photos of their actual products or uses photos stolen from other sellers, has private, negative and or 0 feedback, does not offer after-purchase customer service, use celebrity photos to solely sell their products, has unorganized unprofessional listings, constantly uses 1 day listings. Also check the sellers completed listing in search of self-bidding.

These are just a few basic things to consider when purchasing a lace front wig online.  If a seller has a few of these signs it doesn't mean that they are automatically a bad seller or scammer. Every seller has a way that they do business so what it comes down to is your personal choice. Do your research & choose a seller that you feel comfortable with.

Happy Lace Front Buying!!

Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2007 at 5:03am

Vendors sometimes refer to the 'densitys' as percentages here is a link below that tells you what each % is

You must be aware thought that this does vary from vendor to vendor.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:38pm
here's information about re-perming a lf after you've lost the curl pattern..

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2007 at 9:49pm
chinese vendors:

Contact Person:   Mr.TONY ZHANG
 Company:   Premier Wigs Co.,Ltd
 Adress:   Haier Industry Park, Qingdao, China

Tel/Fax:  086-532-87283718

Email:  chinapremierwigs@yahoo.com
              premierwigs@163.com

Delia

Here's the link to the website. www.wyintrade.com

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2007 at 1:51pm
BHM DISCLAIMER:

Thank you members for all you've done and your contributions to the the board, however b/c of recent events we feel its necessary to make a disclaimer:

Vendors: BHM is not responsible, liable, nor required or obligated to provide an updated, current or revised vendors list. BHM is also not liable for the customer service, hair quality, textures, bleach knots, cap construction, measurments or the sell in anyway with regards to members and vendors, or member to member sales..BHM is not responsible for emai/Letterl communications, telephone communications, turn around time or any part of your purchases from Vendors or Other BHM Members that you select to purchase from.. BHM is not responsible to revise, nor will there be an updated or revised vendor list, the one that already exist will remain the same and will not be updated.

BHM does not want to, nor are we required to provide vendor imformation, nor do we bare any responsibility in the sell of lace fronts, nor are we affilated with any vendors on any list. The threads have been provided as informational only, it wasn't made as law. If you choose not to select those vendors, that's your choice to do so, and you should venture out and seek newer vendors it is at your caution.. Be advised that any new vendor list that is compiled WILL NOT become apart of the sticky threads that are provided, b/c of BHM not wanting to bare any additional recommendations or non-recommendations for new or old vendors on recently or old compiled list.

Hair Advice: Is given freely by experience and going thru the ups and downs of learning about lf's.. the sticky threads are provided as a guide to go by.. Every suggestions may not be a suggestion that will work for you, especially if you have absolutely no prior abilities to do or perform certain hair treatments, chemical alterations etc...you do so at your own risk, and with caution..BHM is not responsible for tips, tricks are bleach baths gone bad, dye jobs gone bad, or tangles and matted units by any members of BHM.

It is unfortunate that BHM has come to the point that a disclaimer is needed. While we appreciate all the members on the boards that contribute and make suggestions, and take the time out of their busy life to give advice it has come to this point..This is now the position of BHM. Thank you for your cooperation and contributions to BHM.

THIS THREAD IS AN INFORMATIONAL THREAD ONLY, PLEASE MAKE YOUR POSTS NO THE MAIN BOARD, THANK YOU.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2007 at 5:47pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic