Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Letting your child travel w/o you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letting your child travel w/o you
    Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:13am
How do you feel about that if Grandma (not your mom) wants to take your child on a trip states away.

Have you ever let your child travel without you?
When(age of child) and where to?
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:20am
When I was little, my cousin and I always drove to South Carolina with my grandparents for Christmas. For years I didn't spend Christmas with my parents.

I once won a trip to Disney World with a camp group and used to travel a lot as a child to run track. I wasn't even 10.

I don't see anything wrong with letting your kids travel with family you trust, but I'm sure it's hard to let your children go. I think it taught me responsibility. To each his own though.

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:32am
I've had a passport my whole life and flew with whomever was going where I was going lol. Parents, aunts, grandma.. anyone my parents trusted with our lives.

My brothers flew as unaccompanied minors before they were 10. If you trust her grandma, send her.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:35am
its grandma, whats the problem?
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:38am
Should not be an issue if you trust the person. If your gut is telling you no, then there is a reason, and you should follow it.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:39am
Are you still beefing with your SO's mommaErmm
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:40am
i traveled a lot as a kid. 99% I wasn't with my parents. It was always a close family relative (aunts or older women in the family that I grew up with.)
first time i traveled completely solo was in 8th grade and that was an international flight with a layover. My mom grilled it in my head to not speak with strangers only flight attendant and people who worked for the airline. And most importantly read signs. I made it fine with no trouble (roundtrip)

If its a grandparent that is hardly around( maybe due to distance ) I would feel some type of way but if the child has regular visits with the grandparent and I have never had to question their safety or well being while with them I see no problem with it. 
Bribby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:03am
My mom never liked me to go anywhere without her, it's still hard for her to this day to accept it. I have traveled with my brother's before but that's mainly it or my mom.
Bribby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

its grandma, whats the problem?

True. It's like Tx all the way to FL, a long car drive.
She see's her, but they've never really spent time away like that...

I would like to get a break, but then again I'd love to spend time with my daughter since I'll have a break from work.

I'm not sure of all of the parameters, but first she asked when will I be willing to let her travel with her? 
And I was hesitant to give an answer because I hadn't even had time to think about it
She said well not this trip anyways.

Now I think she wants to take her, and I just wasn't planning on it...

They should be back before Christmas but in they weren't I would go APE $h#t.

She's only 2. I think it will be a 4 day trip. 

Her dad acts like he can't make decisions or talk to me about it either.
Bribby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Are you still beefing with your SO's mommaErmm

No. 

I respect her she's his mom, my daughters grandma.

I trusted her once and that back fired on me and I just don't have that trust there.

She always seems uncomfortable when I'm around or something. I really dk. We don't really talk.
I don't see any reason to. I'm not going to kiss up to someone who I know would turn on me or hurt me.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>