Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Letting Go Of A Relationship (You Never Had)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 4.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 8:39pm
i haven't had that experience,I like to be pined for and pursued and not the other way around, but i know someone that I would love to send this article to. She is about 34-35 yrs old and still talking about some man she dated 15 yrs ago when they were in college that aint studdin her at all. My point is that a person doesnt grow out of this, they have to consciously break the pattern and make themselves let go.
Sponsored Links

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

here is parts of the article:

Our thoughts are so powerful and I finally realized that if I was going to walk away from him for real then I needed to bring him back to Earth in my mind. The way to do that was to tell myself the truth about him and the situation. No more heaping compliments or making excuses for him. It was time to rip off the blinders and be honest about who I was dealing with. I was only adding to my own pain by telling myself that he was the perfect guy. Was he really perfect? Clearly not. For all my “he’s sooo smart,” he wasn’t intelligent enough to get into a relationship with me, so I guess he wasn’t such a genius after all.Clap

What I wish I’d known sooner is that no man is perfect, and too often we end up projecting perfection onto a man despite his blatant shortcomings. Once I stopped wishing things would change, and admitted nothing would change, something did change: Me. I walked away. It’s much easier to gain perspective when we’re being truthful with ourselves about what is really going on. Taking an objective look will likely result in realizing when we’ve dodged a bullet. Looking back, I know I did. Besides, he wasn’t that cute anyway.

Have you ever found yourself thinking more highly of a guy then he deserved?

Yes!

I am an amazing catch.  I have the total package. Brains, beauty, and body.  Cool
Ah! I feel so much better.  I just needed to get this off of my mind.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 10:07pm
Lol Jess ur gifs always crack me up....
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by cvzx cvzx wrote:

Lol Jess ur gifs always crack me up....
Embarrassed
Aww thanks.
WayneHead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote WayneHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 4:18pm
Amen.. Just the confirmation that I needed. I'm so thankful I dont get what I "think" I want. 
WayneHead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WayneHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 4:39pm
My thing is...I know what it is & I feel like even if he wanted me I reeeeeeally dont want to be in a relationship with him for real...but at the same time I still put him on a pedestal... it doesnt make sense at all.......Ermm
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 11:23am
Great article!!  I'm guilty of almost the opposite.  In the past and when it came down to dealing with friends with benefits, I was in denial of my true feelings.   I would act like I wasn't phased by the supposedly meaningless sex and if he would show some type of emotion/connection for me otherthan the friendship, i would dismiss it because I was too afraid to reveal my true feelings for the risk of getting hurt down the road.  It took two years to reveal my true feelings to my hubby (a fka FWB) and I was lucky that he stuck around long enough for me to reveal it.
Kittyhammertoe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kittyhammertoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2012 at 9:28pm
Guilty as charged. It will NEVER happen again. NEVER!
TaRenee88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaRenee88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 9:19am
THIS ARTICLE IS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 3:32pm
Bumping for myself

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic