Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let's Talk Vitamins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 12:36pm
Damn some of yalls list are long  LOL

I stick with B complex and HTP (for mood). Sometimes the multi V if I remember

Sponsored Links

Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 12:36pm
Listened to an NPR thing on omega 3's and it turned me off of using vitamins.
Longhairwanted8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairwanted8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 12:38pm
I've started the collagen. I've been breaking out on my face, but my nails, hair, and knees love it. It clumps so I've found that dissolving in hot water and then adding oj works best. My knees no longer pop when I walk which is why I take it.
morenaloca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 1:16pm
Is it ok to take vitamins on an empty stomach?
rsslove View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsslove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 3:55pm
Super B Complex/Calcium+vitamin D/vitamin E
When I run out of these I switch to
Multivitamin and Biotin
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 1:10am
I stopped using country max plus for hair..

that stuff wasn;t working at all for my hair..skin very nice..
5,000mcg of biotin. Started in March and it is August and no results of hair length..

same formula as Hair finity..

anyone can recommend another hair growing vitamin or most are the same?  thx

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Listened to an NPR thing on omega 3's and it turned me off of using vitamins.
What's wrong with Omega 3's?
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

I have been eating very well, with nutrition and health in mind. I look better than I ever have and feel pretty good. I also am starting to take vitamins to supplement what I think I may be missing. Eventually I want to see a naturopath, but until then I'd like to see what effects these vitamins have. It has only been about a month.

I take niacin, vit c powder, vit D, spirulina, flax oil and chlorophyll. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what the heck i'm doing lol. I am mostly looking for natural remedies for inflammation, energy, health,optimal digestion and liver health and various myalgias. 

What do you guys take and why? 

Currently, just a multivitamin 

(I'm in the process of adding 1-2 supplements to my diet to compensate for the vitamins that are hard to find in vegetables/fruits.)

I try to get all other supplements and vitamins from daily juicing fruits and vegetables.  I'm a strong believer in nature being the best medicine for our body.

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:48am
i know some of you on here recommended for my hotflashes to take black cohosh, soy vitamins i tried them for 7 months and they weren';t doing nothing for me so unfortunately i had to turn to prescription medicine..femhrt which is doing wonders. The side effects still scare me...and so does the refill prescription price..only 28 pills and 75.00 each refill..

I was taking 540 mg of black cohosh and i bought the drops of black cohosh..put it in my water so I would be drinking it all day..I was faithful with this herbal remedy for months and so mad it didn't do anything to help me..so mad i had to turn to get KILLER DRUGS..

hair pills didn't work for me...herbal remedy for my hotflashes didn't work for me..*pouting*
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Is it ok to take vitamins on an empty stomach?

If its a food based multi, yes. If its not food based, it should be with food.

If its a fat soluble types, you have to take with food.

If its some other things.. Empty stomach is better..
It depends.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System