Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Let's Talk Vitamins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's Talk Vitamins
    Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 11:53pm
I have been eating very well, with nutrition and health in mind. I look better than I ever have and feel pretty good. I also am starting to take vitamins to supplement what I think I may be missing. Eventually I want to see a naturopath, but until then I'd like to see what effects these vitamins have. It has only been about a month.

I take niacin, vit c powder, vit D, spirulina, flax oil and chlorophyll. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what the heck i'm doing lol. I am mostly looking for natural remedies for inflammation, energy, health,optimal digestion and liver health and various myalgias. 

What do you guys take and why? 
Sponsored Links

Momeijheii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momeijheii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:09am
Alladat looks like bigtime shyt.
I go to wal-mart, pick up MSM and B12, and keep it moving.

I'm guilty of not sticking to them daily, but I take B12 before work if I'm feeling sluggish, and MSM if my knee bothers me.
Sometimes, I just stick it out, because the headaches from MSM aren't worth it to me.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:18am
Hemp oil pills to keep the fibroids from growing back.
I was taking cayenne pepper capsules for metabolism health but them suckas was burning a hole in my stomach
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:27am
I just have to take two multi-vitamins and 3 big ass calcium pills for life. Because I have to take the calcium before going to sleep so I forget it every single day. I hate those horse pills.
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:28am
The first thing that popped into my head was bioton lol. I just take the basics D3 for immune system and B12 for energy and stress. I used to take a butt load of pills but I've actually been studying up on foods that can do what vitamins can do for you. For protein peanut butter or if your trying to eat moderately watermelon is pretty good because its 90% water which can prevent you from...over indulging. Cranberries good for cleansing the kidney and urine infections, etc.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:35am
I take gummy vitamins.. lol
Everything else I start then stop. This is the only way I remain consistent
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 5:35am
i always take supplement based on my health concerns at the time.

MSM- changes my life.  i had bone pain my entire life with years of going to doctors. gone
Probiotic- lifetime of stomach issues. gone.  also for acne control
D-3- cured my mood swings
NAC N-Acetyl Cystein- rid toxins. kidney/liver health
Vitamin C

the following was my course of action for cystic acne that i posted in break outs.  the supplements include:

2000mg Salmon oil (omega-3)
1000mg Evening primrose oil (omega-6)
multi vitamin (that includes iron and vitamin E)
Echinacea with Goldenseal root 450mg
vitamin A 25000iu (for 2months)
probiotic acidophilus

i left out some stuffLOL

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 6:50am
Acv tablets
Multi vitamin
Fish oil
Vitamin c
Bee pollen
B complex
Hair skin &nail
Probiotic

All taken daily
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 7:06am
Hemp Seed Oil- Fibroids
Vitex - Fibroids/Flow
Vitamin D - immune system
Multivitamin - errything else

oh and Zinc and Echinacea if I feel under the weather
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 8:09am
multi vitamin
biotin
magnesium - cured my mood swings
takes D in the winter
garlic vitamins
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair