Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Let's talk density

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 1:43pm
Measuring your head size is fairly easy. First plait down your hair in the exact way that you're gonna wear it under your stocking cap/wig liner and then get you a soft measuring tape.

The normal measuring zones are the following:
Circumference - take the measuring tape and wrap it around your head, following the edges your hairline. Don't pull the tape tightly, make sure that it just fits but kinda snug. iirc, the avg measurement comes out to be like 22 - 22.5 inches.

Ear to ear over the forehead - take the measuring tape and follow your front hairline from the top tip of your ear (where your hairline starts) and place the tape moving along the top of your forehead until you get to the opposite ear, ending at where the hairline ends. iirc, avg measurement is like 12-13 inches.

Ear to ear over the top of the head - it's just like measuring over the forehead; starting from the hairline at one ear, bring the tape over the top of your head and end it on the opposite side. iirc, avg measurement is like 13 inches.

Temple to temple - this one can be a little more difficult as I have seen ppl do this in different ways. What I tend to do is to bring the tape from one temple and wrap it around the back of my head in a straight line until I get to the opposite temple. I've seen other ladies do it where they would start from one temple and then bring the tape around the back of the head but having the tape pass over the crown of her their head (so it appears diagonally) and then ending at the opposing side. I can't rightly guesstimate what the avg size for this measurement is.

Front to nape - this one's fairly self explanatory. Just measure the distance from where your hairline starts from the forehead all the way back to where it stops in the back of your head. I tend to not to pull the tape very tautly as to take into account when I'm in situations where I'd have to bend my head forward (so this takes into account for those of us that has that little roll in the back of our skulls where the head meets the neck). iirc, the avg measurement is 14 inches.

Nape - the easiest of them all. You might wanna get a mirror for this one since no one has eyes in the back of their head. Just simply run the tape along the back hairline. iirc, the avg measurement for this one is 5-6 inches.

Tips:
- I suggest when you are measuring that you do each measurement at least 3 times.
- If you are getting a full lace cap with no stretch, add a half inch to the following measurements (to accommodate actual hair/new growth):
  a. front to nape
  b. ear to ear over the top
  c. temple to temple
- Definitely check out youtube vids on how to measure your head. It was really handy when I needed   some visuals.

Edited by Kocoa - Apr 04 2014 at 1:50pm
Sponsored Links

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair