Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Talk About Ceramides**More Info Added Pg 8**
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Let's Talk About Ceramides**More Info Added Pg 8**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msjuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2011 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Stam Stam wrote:

Earlier I had said sunflower oil contained the most ceramides but I meant Safflower, sorry!

Here is a list:

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

i already use olive oil as a oil rinse are their any on the list that i cant use that way 

Edited by msjuly - Aug 05 2011 at 10:00pm
Sponsored Links

Clubfoxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clubfoxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 3:15pm
About the oils.....most of them you find in the stores are refined. (even the health food stores). Will refined grapeseed oil be high in ceremides like unrefined?

Also, which is a thinner oil, grapeseed or safflower?
CaramelDelight89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelDelight89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 6:59pm
Based on the info, I can conclude, IMO,  that the less ceramides an oil has, the better its ability to penetrate the hair shaft. I say this because coconut oil is last on the list and it has amazing penetrative properties. So does olive oil, which has a little more but is widely known to penetrate the hair shaft and provide conditioning properties.
iwhipmyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwhipmyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 10:41pm
wheat germ oil has always left my hair super soft and so has sunflower oil, they both help stretch/elongate my hair. I just ordered some sunflower oil from amazon today. I am happy to have found this thread to confirm why a few of the oils work for me. I will stick with those and these kind of oils mentioned in the list do not feel heavy which is great.
msjuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 11:15am
nvm

Edited by msjuly - Aug 05 2011 at 10:01pm
AngelPatrece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelPatrece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 11:27am
My own little review. I think I am in love with ceramides... (and glycerin)   A few months ago, I finally figured out how to make my hair smooth and straight to be able to have a lot of swing/movement  and I've been loving the texture.  So now I have changed my shampoo and conditioner to Nexxus and I have a leave-in with ceramides and the texture of my hair is even better!  i didn't think my "hand in hair disease" could get any worse! but it has!  I'm way in love with the feel of my hair.
JayeJaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayeJaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2011 at 4:18pm
I am a pj to the 3rd power (lol). And I was going over (in my mind) why my hair is starting to break off and I remembered that at the beginning of my healthy hair journey I was using Aphogee's 2 min reconstructor and Nexxus Humectress conditioner twice a week......FAITHFULLY and with wonderful success.  But being the pj that I am, I was always looking for something "better".  At my bss I've always seen Silicone Mix but passed it by.  Since learning about "ceramides" from this site and its benefits I still have full bottles of the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and Nexxus humectress conditioner in my closet! I'm glad I don't have to buy.....well....yeah....I do.....I'm getting the Silicone Mix! The oils that are listed, I have some of them.  I'm going back to my tried and true staples. Wink
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 12:17pm
bump.  i need a new oil.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 9:17am
i wish they would sticky this thread so i dont have to search for everytime i need this info.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i wish they would sticky this thread so i dont have to search for everytime i need this info.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic