Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Let's Fight Alopecia (And Win)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 12:49pm
Okay so it is not clickable. You will find a Oiling your scalp challenge in the growth section. Good information there.
Sponsored Links

kimmie1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 6:50pm
Does anyone have any MTG or MN mixtures to recommend  ?  
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 8:23am
Almonds are known to reverse some Alopecia. Because of their high content of magnesium and other vitamins and minerals. I have put together an almond challenge for anyone interested. Almonds have so many great health benefits. You can find it in the growth section.
Stay Blessed everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 11:03pm
Bumping!
FleureDeCheveux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleureDeCheveux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 4:50am
To the OP:

Hello, and I just to say that you are definitely not alone in the battle against traction alopecia. I suffered from a pretty bad case and went to see a dermatologist. The unfortunate news (which I kinda knew but needed confirmation on) was that in my case it was irreversible. It is advisable to see a dermatologist because they can be honest with you about the state of damage to your hair and what can/can't be done. If you cannot, I can chime in with some info:
  1. if the the hair grows very slowly/is light fuzz that does not seem to grow past 'baby hair', then it will most likely mean that those hair follicles are very traumatised. They might recover but will need a lot of time, especially if you applied tension on those areas long term.
  2. If you experience any smooth/shiny spots on your scalp then it is more likely that the hair follicles in that area are scarred (i.e. have irreversible damage). Unfortunately, these areas will not grow any hair back.
  3. At present, there are NO creams/lotions etc that work on scarred areas. Please do not waste your money on those things because the people who sell them to you are trying to make a quick buck out of your distress.
  4. Also do not confuse traction alopecia with other types of alopecia: TA is caused by mechanical damage, not hormones/genetics so solutions such as minoxidil, etc are not going to help.

There are ways to deal with TA.

1. First of all, you have to stop tension hairstyles (with or without extensions - don't forget that even tight buns are tension hairstyles).
  2. make sure to care for the remaining hair - be gentle with it. Sometimes it helps to keep it natural rather than relaxed because it will give the illusion of denser hair which you can cover over the sparser areas (although this depends where/just how much TA you have).
  3. In my case, the only way to effectively deal with TA was to go for a hair transplant. That is where they harvest some of your hair in a denser area of your head (such as the back of your head) and transplant it into the scarred areas. It will take time for the hair to grow back, but you can get a good result. It is a costly option and with afro hair, it tends to be a more difficult procedure because we don't have straight follicles like Caucasians do, but it can give good cosmetic results. You must research and go to a good surgeon! I quite pleased with my results.
  4. If you cannot do hair transplant/need hairstyles in the interim, there are other options: you can wear wigs (try not to wear the ones with the combs that pull too much on the hair underneath) or you can use microhairs (I can't remember the official name for them!) - these are tiny (magnetic, I think) hairs, that you can rub over the bald spots to give the impression of hair there.

I now do all of my hairstyles myself (yes, including box braids and twists - styles which are often responsible for a lot of TA cases) and take breaks inbetween and in doing so my hairline hasn't regressed since. It is a MYTH that hairstyles need to be tight to achieve a neat finished look (something which caused me the bother of TA in the first place!). They just have to be done gently and taken good care of while in (and out!) of those styles.

lovelyjourney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelyjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ilong2b ilong2b wrote:

@honnicake -  Yes - I am using multiple growth aides.  Many I discovered from this forum. 
I take 12000mg (not a typo  :-) ) of MSM, Biotin, NAC, Nioxin, Prenatals, Chorella, Spirulina
I alternate blends of Castor Oil, EVOO, Jojoba Oil, Rosemary Oil, Jaborandi Hair Oil, Peppermint Oil, Maroccan Oil, Wild Growth Oil
I use MTG and Megatek
Other products include  Cantu Shea Butter Conditioner, Elasta QP, Aussie, Aphogee 2min

i think u are using too many products. stick with wild growth oil for at least 2 months and dont use nothing else. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2012 at 7:27pm
Wild growth oil did nothing for me. I tried it a while back, expensive and did nothing.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 4:42am
The following regime can help those with TEMPORARY hair loss only.

Ladies does it seem as though your hair is at a stand still?
Does it seems as though you are stuck one inch away from SL, APL or BSL?
Does your hair need help in getting over the HUMP?

If so I have a regimen for you. This regimen must be followed as presented. No substitutions.

Over the hump in 30 days

Must cleanse your hair twice a week. (can use shampoo or co wash) as long as you clean your scalp.

GHE every night Monday through Friday. (allow your hair to rest on Sat. and Sun)

Do not apply oil to your scalp when you GHE, just put moisturizer on your hair. In the morning massage oil into your scalp. Only oils you can use are: EVOO, CO or avocado oil. You do not have to use all three of these oils, you can use just one, as long as it includes one of these.

Nightly routine:
Massage scalp for 3 minutes,
 Apply moisturizer to hair only, cover with a plastic cap and a scarf.

Morning routine:
Remove scarf/plastic cap, massage oil into your scalp for 3 minutes. Style hair in a low manipulation hairstyle.

Must already be taking a multi vitamin or hair vitamin for at least 30 days prior to this regimen. And taking it according to the directions daily.

This regimen involves heat, moisture and stimulation, these are the things that produce such great results. If you stick with this regimen you will get at close to an inch of new growth.

kimmie1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 10:32pm
My hair breaks off a lot and it's not that thick and ALWAYS so dry I co wash every other day and shampoo twice a week and I also use doo grow oil and I do their hot oil treatment method where you use a plastic cap for 20 mins, plus I use lusters pink moisturizer and my hair is still so dry! so I'm going to buy some raw shea butter and some jamaican castor oil I hope that helps but I'm still taking 2 biotin 2500 mcg once a day and drinking lots. Do you guys have any suggestions ? Help a sister out! lol
Please and thank you god bless (:
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by kimmie1217 kimmie1217 wrote:

My hair breaks off a lot and it's not that thick and ALWAYS so dry I co wash every other day and shampoo twice a week and I also use doo grow oil and I do their hot oil treatment method where you use a plastic cap for 20 mins, plus I use lusters pink moisturizer and my hair is still so dry! so I'm going to buy some raw shea butter and some jamaican castor oil I hope that helps but I'm still taking 2 biotin 2500 mcg once a day and drinking lots. Do you guys have any suggestions ? Help a sister out! lol
Please and thank you god bless (:
Looks like you are washing your hair to much. 4 days a week is to much for fragile hair. Wash your hair only twice a week (co wash only). Use a deep moisturizing penetrating conditioner with heat. After you DC, follow with a ACV rinse. Be sure to get all your hair strands with the ACV, leave on for 3minutes and rinse out with cold, cold water. Invest in a good quality leave in conditioner. Pink oil moisturizer is not a good quality one, imo. Good ideal to invest in some good quality shea butter and JBCO. Oil your scalp on a daily basis with good pure oils such as: CO, EVOO or avocado oil. Do these simple things you will see a huge difference in your hair.

Edited by Veemack - Jun 04 2012 at 9:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style